VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have downloaded a file of a recorded from TV programme (not commerially available) that has an audio track in MP3 format, and want to put it onto a DVD using TMPGenc Authoring Works 4,

I tried converting it with AVStoDVD but the output from that had no audio output.

I have now tried to use Authoring works 4 to do the whole project, ie convert and then Author, but it puts up a warning that "using an Mpeg1 audio file may not play on all DVD players"... it does allow me to continue, but Id like it to be playable on all players.

Whats the best way to get round this?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    You are in the UK, which is PAL DVD territory. If you are making a PAL DVD, then MPEG-1 audio is valid for that. Recently we had one guy who posted swearing that some old NTSC DVDs he made years ago won't play in his US DVD player (he also claimed to have tried several different ones that refused to play the DVDs) because of the MPEG audio. The warning may be for NTSC DVDs only. Technically speaking, MPEG-1 audio is not valid at all for NTSC DVDs, but allowed for PAL DVDs. The reason behind this seems to be that Philips lobbied hard to get MPEG-1 audio accepted for DVD and was only able to get it allowed for the PAL DVD specs. MPEG-1 audio was never big in the USA, the main NTSC country, because VCD was never practically an official format there. You could probably count on one hand the number of official VCD releases in the USA.

If TMPGenc Authoring Works lets you create AC3 audio then do that. It may be that your version requires some kind of additional charge to output AC3 audio. If so, there are free programs that can convert MP3 to AC3. BeSweet should be able to do it. eac3to may be able to also - not sure, you'll have to check. ffmpeg can probably convert that too.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Output as Dolby Digital/AC3, TAW4 is capable of it.

--oops, beaten to it.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Go to track setting -> set in Audio section Re-encode all as below -> change Stream format to Dolby Digital
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Clipboard-1.png
Views:	365
Size:	125.4 KB
ID:	25264
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    GREAT INFO thanks very much!!!!!
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!