VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 10 of 10
Thread
  1. Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Pakistan
    Search Comp PM
    Please see attached file. I want to crop out the black edges of the screen.

    In 16:9, they are at top and bottom, while in 4:3 they are also on the right and left. (i prefer 4:3 being natural).

    Thanks for help.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Location
    Sweden
    Search Comp PM
    Just zoom on your tv/software player.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Just about every video editing program has the ability to crop the frame. That video 1280x720 but it should be 4:3 DAR, not 16:9 DAR.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member Budman1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    NORTHWEST ILLINOIS, USA
    Search Comp PM
    Actually I think someone squashed the height, or as you say Jagabo, stretched the 4:3 out to 16/9. If you crop it and restretch it, 16/9 look pretty accurate if you check the faces and camera lens.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	69.7 KB
ID:	25273
    Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	74.8 KB
ID:	25272
    Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	72.3 KB
ID:	25274
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Pakistan
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    Just zoom on your tv/software player.

    1) I am using VLC Player on my PC. Changing the zoom does nothing. What could be wrong?


    2) Zoom options are 1:4, 1:2, 1:1, 2:1. There are no custom zoom options, thus it may magnify the video to larger than the screen size......?


    Thank you.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Pakistan
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Just about every video editing program has the ability to crop the frame. That video 1280x720 but it should be 4:3 DAR, not 16:9 DAR.
    1) I have Avidemux 2.6 for mp4 editing. Can you point out where the frame crop option is?

    2) "That video 1280x720 but it should be 4:3 DAR, not 16:9 DAR".
    I am sorry I did not understand that. Can you explain it?

    Thank you.
    Quote Quote  
  7. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Location
    Sweden
    Search Comp PM
    I see. It has wrong aspect ratio also as jagabo mentions.

    In VLC choose Video->Aspect ratio->4:3 and then Video->Crop->16:9. Then it should be full screen on 16:9 displays with no black borders.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Pakistan
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Budman1 View Post
    Actually I think someone squashed the height, or as you say Jagabo, stretched the 4:3 out to 16/9. If you crop it and restretch it, 16/9 look pretty accurate if you check the faces and camera lens.
    Thanks for the screenshots. In which software have you cropped and restretched it? I am interested in cropping because my PC screen is already small and I dont want to waste screen size in blank edges therefore I want to crop them out.

    Regards.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Pakistan
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    I see. It has wrong aspect ratio also as jagabo mentions.

    In VLC choose Video->Aspect ratio->4:3 and then Video->Crop->16:9. Then it should be full screen on 16:9 displays with no black borders.
    HEY!!!, THAT SOLVED THE PROBLEM!! ...without doing any editing.

    Many thanks to all of you for your help.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Crop and Resize are in the video transform filters of AviDemux.
    Quote Quote