VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello all,

I am looking for a Portable media player or any program that can help me to maintain and stream all my couple hundred Short (Video Playlists) in my (Custom Selected Order) from my Seagate or WD External drive to my portable Digital Media Streamer device ( I have both a Netgear NEOTV media player, also have WD TV Live Media Player). Currently, I am able to put videos in my desired custom order on my Ext drive on Windows 7 PC, but when plug ext drive into media players, I instantly lose my custom video playlist order, these streamers are very limited, and only allow you to do video playlists order by date, alphabet, ratings etc. I need to keep, and have all my video playlists play in my custom desired order for several upcoming events etc.

Any ideas on a device or program that can do this? Or any tips, tricks, or way to force these portable media players to maintain my custom desired (Video playlists) order, so I can stream to my projector?? Prefer to only have to use my Media player remote, to move around with ease , or pause a video etc, cannot be tied to laptop or PC etc, just want to use my portable media player to do this.

Please advise, and thanks for your time and help!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    File order can vary from Windows and various applications. It's all on how the app is written to sort the files. The same applies to external devices. You aren't likely to find a program to solve the problem, and media players don't run such programs.

Instead of trying to fix the media player playback, how about simply naming the files to get them to playback in the proper order on the media player, and then using a playlist (or a software option) on the PC?
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote  
  3. Ok I see Krispy, not sure why I am not getting notified or emailed of any replies on any videohelp subscribed threads still?
    Yes, I already tried the file naming and numbering for video playlists, but it gets far too time consuming and frustrating, when making constant updates and changing desired order of video clips and playlists of a few hundred files or more.

Thanks at least for the reply, I am in disbelief, that here in mid 2016, there hardly any good options to do Drag and Drop video playlists on android etc.
    I have been searching for a almost a few years for a good program that can do this basic video playlist options , that I can create and re-arrange video playlists on my Windows PC from connect ext usb drive, which is easiest, then simply play video playlists in my desired order smoothly thru my Android TV Box, which I can use easily use my android from any place in or outside of home. Have tried dozens and dozens of windows and android programs like onedrive, Plex, playon, Kodi, GOM, Potplayer, most either cannot read M3u video playlists from connected drive correctly or at all, or does not play Mp4 video playlists smoothly , without pausing /freezing on android tv device , even though I have Fios 50MB cable.
    Am I the only one looking for the video playlist option? Cheers!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I hardly ever use a playlist for music, much less video. If I'm watching video, I select a file and watch it.

Regardless, I come across these posts from time to time, and the problem is always mixing and matching hardware (ie: creating a playlist on your PC and then trying to use it on a non PC). This applies to video support and even audio support with iTunes and car players. Each type of device/player usually have their own way of creating playlists.

And unless I'm missing something, your cable speed has nothing to do with LAN access time. Unless you are storing files at home and playing back outside the home. And even then, the cable speed would only really affect playback quality. Any delay between files is because when a file ends, the player needs to read the list and then request the next file. The PC/server then needs to read/stream the file. The delay would be longer outside the home as opposed to inside the home on the same network. It would be even shorter if the files were stored and played on the same computer.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!