VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I copied a movie from my TV to my DVR(JVC, DR M-10) for later viewing
    on a DVD-RW disc from Comcast. I however, needed the DVD-RW disc to do
    something else and, as it was the only one I had, I
    tried to copy to a DVD-R for later viewing as that was what I had available.
    AnyDVD did not work. It could not read the disc. I got
    this error message: "DVDManager0 IFOFormat3,"
    However, ripping with ISOBuster was successful. I also was successful using
    MakeMKV. Have any of you experienced similar problems with AnyDVD?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Why do you need to use anydvd for home burned dvdrws? They have no dvd-video copy protection.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    You could just use old DVDDecrypter to rip such discs. If I am sure that they don't have copy protection it's what I use to rip DVDs.

What the heck does "I copied a movie from my TV to my DVR(JVC, DR M-10) for later viewing on a DVD-RW disc from Comcast." even mean? The JVC unit you have is more accurately described as a DVD recorder, not a DVR. What do the DVD-RW and Comcast have to do with each other?

Re-writable DVDs are fairly cheap. You know you can buy a spindle of them. Verbatim makes the best ones. EVERYBODY's else are inferior. Taiyo Yuden doesn't make RW discs at all which tells you what they think of the format. And they do go bad, sometimes after only one use, which is why if you are going to use them you should have a spindle or at least several instead of just one that you absolutely can't live without. If it was me, I'd just toss the disc in question and use a new one. Even the slightest problem with a RW disc isn't worth worrying about.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Now, it is working. I would not use AnyDVD in this situation but, my other software was not working properly (DVD Shrink, CloneDVD2.) Now, they are- weird but it's OK now.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Most installations of AnyDVD have it set to run automatically in the background, scanning every disc upon loading to see if it needs decryption. This generally works as expected, with AnyDVD being transparent to any other software you have running. But occasionally AnyDVD quietly chokes on a loaded DVD, so that when you run certain disc duping programs you get various inexplicable errors and conflicts. I find this happens much more often with DVDs burned in standalone recorders than pressed commercial discs, probably due to the half-assed burning routines employed by recorders (JVC and Pioneer being the primary culprits). AnyDVD will sometimes mistakenly interpret the lack of first-play PGC or slightly off-spec burn as an epic fail DVD, and the error is passed on to any related programs.

Usually ejecting and reloading the dvd will solve this, and AnyDVD correctly reads it on the second or third try. Rebooting or disabling AnyDVD for that disc can also help. The issue occurs to varying degrees with each new update to AnyDVD: some are better than others at handling recorder-burned dvds.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!