VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I wasn't sure whether to post this in the editing or the converting forum since it's a little bit of both, but I have made a bunch of video clips that while they play perfectly when I open them in Windows Media Player, and even within Corel Video Studio itself, the minute I drop any of them onto the timeline, the video becomes distorted, like seen below:

Click image for larger version

Name:	VideoDistortedInVideoStudio.jpg
Views:	992
Size:	137.3 KB
ID:	25247

I used MediaConverter 8 to make these video clips. The source files I made them from were all MKV and the clips I made are all WMV. This distortion problem only presents itself within the video studio timeline as far as I can tell. Is there a way to fix this issue without having to remake every single clip? It was a rather time-consuming process to begin with and I would really hate to have to start all over again and delaying my project.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Did you convert to wmv and imported the wmvs? Don't do that.

Try instead mkv2mp4 and import the mp4s in videostudio. Or convert to something better than wmv in mediaconverter, avi, mp4, etc.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by misskitten View Post
    I used MediaConverter 8 to make these video clips.

.wmv files are handled fine (for me, anyway).
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	2014.05.19_09h42m57s_001.jpg
Views:	581
Size:	79.7 KB
ID:	25255  

Last edited by mike20021969; 19th May 2014 at 04:46.
    Quote Quote  
  4. No, the files are wmv, not wmvs, I don't think I have any wmvs-files on my computer, at least not in my video folders, and it doesn't matter what format I convert them to, be it wmv, avi or mpeg the problem is the same. Playback works fine, but the minute they are dropped onto the timeline the video is distorted the way you saw above.

And yes, I know that wmv-files works fine in Corel Video Studio, I have edited a ton of wmv-files in there. The problem is that these wmv-files that were converted from mkv are not working fine. I can play them just fine on regular playback (like when they are in the library, but not on the actual timeline), but I just can't edit them in any way shape or form, making them useless to me unless someone can help me. Could this be a codec issue?
    Quote Quote  
  5. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    wmvs = several wmv files....
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by misskitten View Post
    No, the files are wmv, not wmvs
    Yes, we know. It was simply pluralized
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by misskitten View Post
    I know that wmv-files works fine... The problem is that these wmv-files that were converted from mkv are not working fine... Could this be a codec issue?
    Possibly.

Can you provide mediainfo for working wmv files and the non-working wmv files?
    Quote Quote  
  8. Wouldn't let me copy/paste so took a screencap:

Click image for larger version

Name:	MediainfoWorksVSDistorted.jpg
Views:	589
Size:	236.2 KB
ID:	25259
    Quote Quote  
  9. Likely it's the 1262 width dimensions . Many programs / decoders require mod4 compliance (evenly divisible by 4)

Your options are to resize & re-encode , or use another program
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    Likely it's the 1262 width dimensions . Many programs / decoders require mod4 compliance (evenly divisible by 4)

Your options are to resize & re-encode , or use another program
    Thank you, I changed the resize protocol to letterbox so that the end result always is 1280 no matter what and the new clips now worked without a problem
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!