VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Chicken McNewblet
    Search Comp PM
    Title is pretty much my problem, does anyone know of any issues related to this? Using 64-bit Vegas if that's relevant.

I'm track-motioning three different videos into one 1920x1080 frame. One of them is currently a FRAPS video, which plays beautifully at 60fps when it's in the project alone.

But as soon as I add one of the two Xvid conversions (one from a Camstudio capture, and one from a DV camera capture), the project bogs down and will not play smoothly at all.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Your system specs are inadequate for what you're trying to accomplish.

You need a very powerful system to play 3 layers of long-gop media. For each edit in each layer the CPU has to reconstruct video from as much as ten seconds away -- and that's before any effects such as tracking. You would have been better off leaving the DV alone, the other layers you may have to convert to an i-frame codec like cineform.

Render your timeline for smoother playback.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Chicken McNewblet
    Search Comp PM
    Mentioning the FRAPS video was just for sake of saying, "other videos play fine", and all three of the videos in question are standard def.

Xvid videos in general do not play correctly in Vegas for me.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    stop using xvid..............
    Got my retirement plans all set. Looks like I only have to work another 5 years after I die........
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Sounds to me like you've encoded them strangely (e.g. LONG GOPs, as mentioned). What I don't understand: why you would use those Xvid conversions rather than your original Camstudio & DV captures? You're losing quality by going a generation down like that.

Especialy when doing multiple layers w/ trackmotion, your source assets should be ALL I-frame and fairly lightly compressed (lossless or visually lossless).

Scott
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!