VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi there, i was just wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction and tell me if this is even possible? (i am very new to all this)

I have a few MP4 X264 files that i would to put on Bluray Disc, but i do not want to re-encode them at all. i want them untouched. But i also want to add some sort of menu to the bluray.

Any ideas on what software i need to get this done.

Thank you so much in advance for the reply's.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by hiten View Post
    I have a few MP4 X264 files that i would to put on Bluray Disc, but i do not want to re-encode them at all. i want them untouched. But i also want to add some sort of menu to the bluray.
    There are certain very specific attributes and characteristics a file must have to be deemed blu-ray compliant, so you first have to find out if they are. x264, for one, can create them with the templates at http://www.x264bluray.com/ . Authoring programs will check to see the files submitted are so, and will not proceed with authoring or offer to re-encode if otherwise.
    For the nth time, with the possible exception of certain Intel processors, I don't have/ever owned anything whose name starts with "i".
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Have you tried bdtoavchd or avchdcoder?

But your mp4 might not be bluray compatible. Www.videohelp.com/hd#tech
    Quote Quote  
  4. Strictly speaking, it's only possible if they used proper blu-ray compatible encoding settings in the first place, and there were proper specs (frame rate, dimensions, etc...) .
    Quote Quote  
  5. Thanks for the quick reply, my MP4 is bluray compatible. so i will give what you said a try.

thanks so much for the qucik reply....

any other suggestions would be cool to
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If they are mp4, then even if the video is compliant, then likely the aac audio is not. You can try multiavchd. It will likely only re-encode the audio if the video is compliant.
    Got my retirement plans all set. Looks like I only have to work another 5 years after I die........
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!