VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Will running a 30 foot component cable create a situation where I have signal loss? Is it that simple or are there other factors, such as cable quality, connector quality, etc? I've seen signal boosters and varying degrees in cable quality but would prefer to stay away from a booster if possible. If anyone can give a recommendation to brand of cable and what to look for on the quality side I would appreciate it. Thank you yet again.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Better quality component cables will be sufficient for 1080i at 30 feet. Try monoprice.com for reasonable priced, quality cables.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I used a 50 foot component cable for a couple of years to my old projector. I never noticed any problems. It was from Monoprice.com also. I forget what gauge it is, but it's plenty heavy.

I think it was this one, except in 50 foot length: http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_id=102&cp_id=10235&cs_id=1023502&p_id=2855&seq=1&format=2
    Last edited by redwudz; 16th May 2014 at 15:09.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Sorry for the delayed response. Thanks so much to both of you for your feedback. I found what I need on Monoprice for around $17.00.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Let us know how it works out for you.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!