VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi,

some guy recorded audio from a movie but forgot to turn off the chat alarms so every time he got a message you hear the sound. Its a very specific sound (like a ring bell) so it doesn exactly qualify as noise. Nevertheless, i tried noise removal in audacity but it didnt work. I tried with different settings but the only ones that actually remove the sound fine also render the rest of the audio unhearable too.

Is there any program that can remove a particular sound like this?

Thank you.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Yes, the [DEL] key.

Talking about screeners falls under "warez" and is not allowed here.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  3. I cant see why warez has anything to do with "warez"... a movie can do whatever you shoot yourself and not necessarily copyrighted.
    Quote Quote  
  4. You can often use a series of notch filters to remove bell-like sounds. Post some samples with the sound on an otherwise quite section, and the sound along with other sounds.
    Last edited by jagabo; 15th May 2014 at 11:29.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Any half-decent audio software can do it including audacity -- but it can't do it automatically. You have to go in and manually pluck out each one.

If timing is critical, you also have to find something suitable to replace the missing pieces.

And as Scott said, if it's warez, delete it.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Here you go, a section with the sound mixed in the background and a sample of the sound alone.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  7. Wow, you sure did a great job on the battle sound effects for a movie you shot yourself!

Delete it.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Men, stop your accusations. If you are not willing to help then dont but stop spamming my topic.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by supercain View Post
    Men, stop your accusations. If you are not willing to help then dont but stop spamming my topic.
    What a mu-roon ...
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    You've got D+M+E stems in there, so I KNOW you couldn't be "shooting this live" and have it be legit. Go back to your stems and if one track has that offending sound, remix it. If you are truly having difficulty at that point (which I would doubt because a bad sound is fairly trivial/inconsequential at the multitrack stage), you could upload those and I'll help you.

But posing a (nearly?) finished product as some raw live moment that you could only capture once is an insult to our intelligence and my profession. Why don't you stop with the charade.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Yeah, this whole remix generation takes somebody elses artistic work and steals the beats and hooks from previous hit songs and reboxes it with a bunch of stuff that can't stand on its own, and then calls themselves artists.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by budwzr View Post
    Yeah, this whole remix generation takes somebody elses artistic work and steals the beats and hooks from previous hit songs and reboxes it with a bunch of stuff that can't stand on its own, and then calls themselves artists.
    If he actually were doing a remix, he could USE the chat alarms.
    Quote Quote  
  13. You make absolutely non-sense. This forum even contains tutorials about ripping DVDs which in most cases is used on copyrighted material. Many videos on youtube are compilations or fan made trailers of movies that are copyrighted as well. So they are stealing too? They dont have right to knowledge? Give me a break... In my case, i shot some footage and added some free sound effects i found on the web. Its up to you to believe or not.

If you are here really willing to help and share knowledge you should help without even asking. Its not like im going to get rich with this.

Anyway, if you are not helping me out just quit spamming my topic. And Hoser Rob, the only moron here is you.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by supercain View Post
    You make absolutely non-sense. This forum even contains tutorials about ripping DVDs which in most cases is used on copyrighted material. Many videos on youtube are compilations or fan made trailers of movies that are copyrighted as well. So they are stealing too? They dont have right to knowledge? Give me a break... In my case, i shot some footage and added some free sound effects i found on the web. Its up to you to believe or not.

If you are here really willing to help and share knowledge you should help without even asking. Its not like im going to get rich with this.

Anyway, if you are not helping me out just quit spamming my topic. And Hoser Rob, the only moron here is you.
    Do you even know what the word "SPAMMING" means? Not what you think it does. Look it up.

At worst case, me responding to you could be considered "troll-like", but only if I am not engaging what you are saying and listening to reason. What reason have you shown us?
    If you TRULY have your own footage AND have SFX that you added, upload the footage WITHOUT the SFX added!

It's not like this is the first time you have been on this site (I recognize your username), so you ought to already know that it is the stated policy of the site that user backups of already-owned copies of physical media are considered OK as fair-use, but that SCREENERS and similar bootlegged items are NOT. And this site is not responsible nor in total agreement with what other sites (Youtube, fansites) do with their videos nor where they get them from.

If you did ANY research on my posting history, you would know that I am totally willing and able to help out a fellow indie producer in need.<edit>In fact, a bit of history digging shows that I have helped YOU out in the the past.</edit>

BTW, you also misunderstood Hoser Rob. He said "maroon", not moron. Though the difference in pronunciation is moot, as the meaning amounts to the same thing. (See Bugs Bunny)

Scott
    Last edited by Cornucopia; 15th May 2014 at 20:37.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Its spam because you are posting garbage totally unrelated to the topic. Please stop. If you think mine is copyrighted material thats your problem, then just ignore this topic but allow other users to help out. I use screening to record things from my screen such as skype conversations that i use as a footage. Is that copyrighted material? No its not.

Anyway im not wasting anymore of my time trying to prove something to somebody who has no intentions to help but trolling. Just quit spamming my topic.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    some guy recorded audio from a movie...
    is NOT
    I use screening to record things from my screen such as skype conversations...
    and you know it.

Asking you to upload DM&E stems, or to even just upload the pre-SFX'ed track is NOT unrelated to the topic. In fact it is ESSENTIAL to actually solving the problem.
    The fact that you are choosing to ignore this request and instead slam my response leads me to believe you are avoiding revealing that you DON'T have the right to work with this footage. If WE here at Videohelp think you are working with copyrighted material, that ends up being YOUR problem, as then we wouldn't/shouldn't be helping you.

But, you already got what you came for. smrpx & jagabo have already shown you the path to take.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  17. Both statements are true and dont contradict each other. I usually do the recordings but this time i was not available so i asked one of my teammates to do it and since he has no experience with it he fu*cked up and forgot to close the chat window. Since its my teammate who recorded it all i dont have the source footage, just what he sent me and i already posted it so there is nothing else to prove.

Its ridiculous you do all this like if i was going to murder someone. You are blowing things out of proportion with that copyright shit. So you are telling me that if somebody ever asks for help on how to make a fan made trailer you are not going to help them just because he is of course using copyrighted material? Seriously? Thats bullshit...
    Quote Quote  
  18. I would probably tell them to observe the first rule of holes.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Here's a quick attempt using Adobe Audion 1.5.
    It's been on my XP PC for so long, I forgot it was there. The sound is almost gone,
    but not quite.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by smrpix View Post
    I would probably tell them to observe the first rule of holes.
    I'm not familiar with that rule. Can you elucidate?
    Quote Quote  
  21. Originally Posted by budwzr View Post
    Originally Posted by smrpix View Post
    I would probably tell them to observe the first rule of holes.
    I'm not familiar with that rule. Can you elucidate?
    Sure you are: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_law_of_holes (Although I'm delighted to see there's also an attribution to the late, great Molly Ivins.)

And really, the advice was aimed at OP.
    Quote Quote  
  22. I miss reading Molly.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Oh yeah, I did know that one. hehehe. Donald Sterling doesn't know that one either.
    Quote Quote  
  24. The fundamental frequency of the ring tone decreases from about 390 Hz at the start to 280 Hz at the end. You could build a notch filter that removes those frequencies and use it only over the sections of the audio where the ring tone appears. The ring tone isn't a pure sine wave, there are lots of harmonics, so some of the sound will remain. You could also notch out the harmonics but the remaining sound will be further degraded. A single notch from 280 to 390 Hz reduced the ring tone noise from section.wav to the point where most people wouldn't notice it, or notice that the band is missing. But it would be more noticeable in a clip of dialog or music, and the remaining noise ring tone harmonics would be more noticeable too.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!