VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello!!! I think I have lurked around here and many other places for advice, but this is my first post!!

I am capturing some videos for 2 different friends, both of these friends have VHS-C tapes. I captured some of those Hi-8 tapes for another friend perfectly. With VHS-C, I have had hiccup after hiccup.

When I used the Debut capture, the drop out (the little white particles flurrying around the screen due to old tapes) was real bad on a few tapes. Now, when I use the Arcsoft showbiz capture software, there is no drop out whatsoever, but it frequently jumps-like the picture does a real weird jump or skip or something. I am trying to figure out if this is just the software or what. I have seen other users where it is the macrovision blocker or something that causes their film to jump.

I really want to give good quality to these friends and not weird jumpy things. Is it something going wrong in my tbc? I just have no clue. I just downloaded virtualdub and have yet to use it--I want to hear what others with more experience have to say. Thank you in advance!!!

Dewster
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am not sure why it didn't upload my signature, but to give my specs

Windows Vista, Asus Republic of Gamers mobo, 4gb RAM, 750GB HDD
    nVidia GeForce 8800GT
    TBC is a Hotronic AP-41
    Capturing using EZCap USB to composite RCA hardware
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!