VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello. I recently started recording videos with my Sony camcorder. The videos are recorded in HD quality in .m2ts format. I was wondering what's the best format to save them in after editting them in sony vegas. I want to have the best possible quality and, possibly, moderate file size.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    It doesn't matter much which format you upload to YouTube; they will recode it using a kind of ffmpeg. But to use your bandwidth efficiently, AVC video (H.264) and AAC audio in MP4 would be recommendable.

Unfortunately, I don't know what formats Vegas is able to export and how to set it up optimally. But if these choices are available, I'd recommend them as a base.

Please note that FullHD video with a height of 1080 lines may be interlaced. Uploading that to YouTube will result in ugly stripes in motions when it is downscaled. Better check if deinterlacing may be required.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    For VEGAS just install Debug Frameserver. Its make a fake avi. After this encode using desired H264 convert like RIPBOT264/TENCODER/VIDCODER/MEGUI.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by LigH.de View Post
    It doesn't matter much which format you upload to YouTube; they will recode it using a kind of ffmpeg. But to use your bandwidth efficiently, AVC video (H.264) and AAC audio in MP4 would be recommendable.

Unfortunately, I don't know what formats Vegas is able to export and how to set it up optimally. But if these choices are available, I'd recommend them as a base.

Please note that FullHD video with a height of 1080 lines may be interlaced. Uploading that to YouTube will result in ugly stripes in motions when it is downscaled. Better check if deinterlacing may be required.
    How do i 'deinterlace'?

Originally Posted by Cauptain View Post
    For VEGAS just install Debug Frameserver. Its make a fake avi. After this encode using desired H264 convert like RIPBOT264/TENCODER/VIDCODER/MEGUI.

Sounds complicated. Are there any tutorials that explain this?

Also, sorry if my questions sound dumb, I'm a newbie.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by sktl View Post
    How do i 'deinterlace'?
    Make sure that in project properties settings is deinterlace method set to blend or interpolate and then while exporting and setting export settings, choose field order as none.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!