VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am working for an educational non-profit and we're doing a short report on issues surrounding the dangers of white supremacy - I have tried everything I know (I'm a professional video editor) - but I've never come across a video thats so resistant to being copied than this one.

http://www.wusa9.com/story/news/local/potomac/2014/05/09/two-16-year-olds-from-potomac...arged/8913063/

Our organization holds frequent workshops on ways to de-radicalize youth from all cultures and traditions and I teach after school art programs to the same kids.

Here's the video, if any of you could help me get it (I'd love to know how you did it, give a man a fish, feed him for a day, give him a pole, etc...)

But even if you got it for me and didn't tell me, I'd be so grateful because this is a real time crunch for us, we have a presentation with the local police and county govt. coming up and I need to get the report I'm working on done ASAP

THANK U SO SO MUCH,
    Yoshi.

PS - the link again:
    http://www.wusa9.com/story/news/local/potomac/2014/05/09/two-16-year-olds-from-potomac...arged/8913063/
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm on a MAC , shoudl have said, sorry. IDM looks like a Windows program.

That link is to a brightcove media file which I guess is why it's so hard to grab (been doing some research)

Can anyone help? Thanks again
    Yosh.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Last edited by bat999; 18th May 2014 at 08:30.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ur very kind, thank you so much I'm looking into RTMPDump right now

best wishes and smiles,
    Y.
    Quote Quote  
  5. If you want a simple GUI for rtmpdump use rtmpExplorer. I don't know if there's a Mac equivalent.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    And, in the future, a good approach to all media challenges is to just use the best tools for the job. Sometimes that is a Mac app, but many times not.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  7. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    yoshi_114, in the future please use a more descriptive subject title in your posts to allow others to search for similar topics. I will change yours this time. From our rules:
    Try to choose a subject that describes your topic.
    Please do not use topic subjects like Help me!!! or Problems.
    Thanks,

Moderator redwudz
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Have you thought about emailing WUSA9? they might be able to give you the actual video if you explain the circumstances of your requirement
    Quote Quote  
  9. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by darkknight145 View Post
    Have you thought about emailing WUSA9? they might be able to give you the actual video if you explain the circumstances of your requirement
    In this case, I'm pretty sure "might" means "probably will NOT help you unless you can give them money" rather than "probably WILL help you for free". But the OP can always ask. The chance is not zero of getting help.

Given that this is a US TV station, I suspect that the powers that be will refuse to help anybody for free and it's more likely will either ignore the request or ask for money and that the OP sign an agreement strictly specifying the use of the video and the OP understands that he has no rights to it and can't make money off of it. Even if the TV station plans to never show or use the video again, their lawyers will fear that some dude will find a way to make money on it if he gets a copy for free.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!