+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I try to convert video 1080p 50fps to 25fps by Bd Rebuilder
    I choose "IVTC drop down"in Setup , but output video still 50fps
    I do something wrong? and how?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    IVTC = "Inverse Telecine" is only useful to revert the Telecine conversion of cinematic Film (24 fps) with slight slowdown (23.976 fps) to NTSC television (29.97 fps).

NEVER try to apply this to PAL based video frame rates (25 fps)!

Furthermore, there is no Blu-ray video 1080p with 50 fps. With a height of 1080 lines, Blu-ray video must be encoded in interlaced mode (no matter if the video content is interlaced at all). So you will have 50 fields per second weaved to 25 frames per second.
    Quote Quote  
  3. 50 fields per second weaved to 25 frames per second
    when i remux video with tsmuxer the time of movie is double
    so i think convert 50fps to 25fps for the right time

what i can do to tsmuxer make the right time of movie?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    You are likely confusing fields and frames, which are different. "fps" means FRAMES per second, and not FIELDS per second.

50 FIELDS per second 1080 video is possible for BluRay, but NOT progressive. If you have 50 fields per second then this is 25 frames per second, which is 1080i - interlaced, NOT progressive. So I would guess that if you tell tsmuxer that you have 1080i video at 25 fps (fps means FRAMES per second to tsmuxer) it may mux it correctly.
    Quote Quote  
  5. So I would guess that if you tell tsmuxer that you have 1080i video at 25 fps (fps means FRAMES per second to tsmuxer) it may mux it correctly.
    tsmuxer can't set 1080i or 1080p but when i set fps to 25fps ,the output video is slow motion
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    If this video is really 1080p with 50 fps, then it is not Blu-ray compatible; you would have to re-encode it to either 1080i with 25 fps or 720p with 50 fps if Blu-ray compatibility is necessary.

If you only want to play any arbitrary M2TS on a PC, tsmuxer should be able to create it if you don't try to change the framerate, I believe. But I have no practical experience with it.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by LigH.de View Post
    If this video is really 1080p with 50 fps, then it is not Blu-ray compatible; you would have to re-encode it to either 1080i with 25 fps or 720p with 50 fps if Blu-ray compatibility is necessary.

Below is detail of retail blu-ray , i would like to reencode it to 25GB and write to BD-R
    I try BD Rebuild but output file still 50fps

Codec: MPEG-4 AVC (33.00 Mbps)
    Resolution: 1080/50i
    Aspect ratio: 2.35:1
    Original aspect ratio: 2.39:1
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    your footage is flagged as interlaced, however it is 25 frames per second.. do your re-encode and try it, the out come should
    be correct..for whatever reason 25 frames per second gets flagged as interlaced even if its progressive.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search PM
    Because it is required by the Blu-ray specs, 1080 video is mandatory to be encoded in interlaced mode. Therefore, x264 supports "fake interlacing" to encode progressive video efficiently and also Blu-ray compatible.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    ningnong132 - Is your video from a camcorder? You definitely need to tell us if that is the case. Camcorders can record video in formats that are not allowed by BluRay. If this is camcorder video, then you should make an AVCHD disc out of it. I'm not sure that BDRebuilder can convert camcorder video. It was intended to be used on BluRay compliant video, which is often not what camcorders make.
    Quote Quote  
  11. your footage is flagged as interlaced, however it is 25 frames per second.. do your re-encode and try it, the out come should
    be correct..for whatever reason 25 frames per second gets flagged as interlaced even if its progressive.
    I try dvdfab encode it to 25fps ,the time is right but many frames flick!

Because it is required by the Blu-ray specs, 1080 video is mandatory to be encoded in interlaced mode. Therefore, x264 supports "fake interlacing" to encode progressive video efficiently and also Blu-ray compatible.
    any program can do it?

ningnong132 - Is your video from a camcorder? You definitely need to tell us if that is the case. Camcorders can record video in formats that are not allowed by BluRay. If this is camcorder video, then you should make an AVCHD disc out of it. I'm not sure that BDRebuilder can convert camcorder video. It was intended to be used on BluRay compliant video, which is often not what camcorders make.
    retail blu ray disc not video from a camcorder
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search PM
    x264 is a program, an encoder, used by many GUIs you may see as "program".

But ... you say the original video is from a Blu-ray disk. So it must have been Blu-ray compatible already. So the reason of the problem is probably not in the original video material. Rather in using BD Rebuilder wrong...
    Quote Quote  
  13. Originally Posted by LigH.de View Post
    x264 is a program, an encoder, used by many GUIs you may see as "program".

But ... you say the original video is from a Blu-ray disk. So it must have been Blu-ray compatible already. So the reason of the problem is probably not in the original video material. Rather in using BD Rebuilder wrong...
    Yes! Problem is Bd-Rebuilder
    I try old version everything is OK!
    Thank You
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!