VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    With Movavi Video Converter, I converted some .FLV (FlipShare) format videos to .AVI format, and burned them to a DVD-R, using the very-reliable Burn-Aware program; this was a process I had done many times before without a hitch...

Yet when I tried to play the DVDs on my DVD player, either they were unplayable, with a "No Audio" error message, or simply unplayable at all. I had been able to play DVDs created with the above procedure before, and encountered no play back problems on the DVD player...

The settings on the Movavi Converter were set to Auto. The DVDs/video clips play back just fine on my PC.

The only system procedure I've done to my windows 7 system was to update the drivers on my graphics card yesterday.

So, these results are truly baffling--any suggestions?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Auto?

Are you converting to avi with divx/xvid video and mp3 audio? That should work on most divx dvd players. Maybe has movavi changed some auto settings.

Or try another avi converter like winff, xmedia recode, xvid4psp 5. Use the avi hardware / dvd player preset.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    So you don't even know which audio format was contained in the original FLV (surprise, the FLV container might contain several different audio formats), or which audio format the converted AVI contains? You just relied on this ominous converter tool to do something reasonable in "auto" mode?

And you can't tell us either which audio formats your "DVD player" supports? Well, it can't be a DVD player only. A pure DVD player will only play "DVD Video" disks, but no AVIs. So any multi-purpose player which can play more than just DVD Video may have different features, a different set of supported formats. And there may be one or another FLV which contains an audio format your player does not support.

You must not rely on converters doing everything automagically correct for your player. You must know what your player supports, and if you need to convert formats it does not play.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    The audio format of the .FLV videos is Japanese AAC131 kbps. The audio format output is the same.

My DVD players is a Sony DVP-NS425P:

http://www.cnet.com/products/sony-dvp-ns425p/specs/

Movavi Video Converter is not some "ominous" program; it's gotten pretty decent reviews, over time...

A little less snarkiness would be appreciated....
    Quote Quote  
  5. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Change to mp3 format as output.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!