VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello,
    I record TV shows and because of their huge sizes, I re-encode them using MeGui. I know how to trim videos before encoding using the "AVS cutter". Sometimes there's some commercial that I just forget. I want to avoid re-encoding all over again if I can cut that portion out. I tried Avidemux software but I didn't like the distortions it produced.
    Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. '
    I tried Avidemux software but I didn't like the distortions it produced.
    what do you mean by "distortions"?

and..
    did you have Avidemux set to copy mode?

that is to say,,
    "Video Output"--> Copy (selected)

"Audio Output"--> Copy (selected)
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yes, after you save the video with the options you specified, the video frames seem to be intermixed with each other with occasional green background frames.
    Can trimming be done in MeGui without re-encoding. If not what other software can I try for just trimming; nothing extra. I want to avoid re-encoding.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Video To Video Converter has an editor under the Tools menu which you can use with a preview. When you're done, select Direct Stream Copy from the list of conversion presets and then "convert". You can only cut on keyframes so there's no guarantee you'll be able to cut exactly where you want. If you want frame accurate editing you'll need a program which does "smart rendering" (it re-encodes the section just around the cut point if necessary). MKV Cutter

MKVMergeGUI can split and append MKVs, but it doesn't have a preview.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!