+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Simply in VDM I try to get a tag called ISMP e.g. 01:34:21:15

but seems impossible: is there a way?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    www.jmcgowan.com/odmlff2.pdf

According to this ^ ISMP is a different class of tag to the 'Text' tags VirtualDub adds. It belongs in the 'Additional Header Data' rather than the 'The INFO List Chunk'.

I'm still trying to figure out what that means.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Are you sure you can't add metadata with FFMPEG? You said you can't encode as interlaced, but surely it can pass it through if it's already encoded.
    Quote Quote  
  4. ffmpeg can add metadata but can not generate mjpeg interlaced file.. so I'm force to virtualdub because with it I use the Morgan mjpeg codec v3 that can use interlace

For the tag I have found a version of virtualdubMod called "VirtualDubMod 1.6.0.0 Surround" in wich I have modify with Hex editor the virtualdubmod.exe so tag ICRD [date] = ISMP

Now virtualdubmod "see" timecode code as date, and I fill the filed "date" to add my timecode e.g. 01:34:21:15

Resultat .vcf script is:

VirtualDub.RemoveInputStreams();
    VirtualDub.video.DeleteComments(1);
    VirtualDub.video.AddComment(0x0000000C,"","01:34:2 1:15");
    VirtualDub.video.AdjustChapters(1);
    VirtualDub.video.SetDepth(24,24);
    VirtualDub.video.SetMode(1);
    VirtualDub.video.SetFrameRate(0,1);
    VirtualDub.video.SetIVTC(0,0,-1,0);
    VirtualDub.video.SetCompression(0x6a6d7674,0,10000 ,0);
    VirtualDub.video.SetCompData(28,"TUpQRxgAAAAAAAAAA gAAAAgAAAACAAAAAQAAAA==");
    VirtualDub.video.filters.Clear();

and the NLE can recognize well timecode

Click image for larger version

Name:	TC19.JPG
Views:	174
Size:	177.4 KB
ID:	25151
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    So we're done? Or do we need to complete a batch file to automate it?
    Quote Quote  
  6. really at this moment, I have to build a batch that do this:

a input.mxf file have to load into VirtualDubMOD and virtualdub have to generate a .avi file with the timecode input.mxf

I have to extract timecode from input.mxf and inser it into the .vcf script but before of this I don't know well if I have to use avisynth (with the ffms2 plugin) to load files in virtualdubMOD or if exist another way, more simply, to open "directly" .mxf in virtualdubMOD

If I use the ffms2 in avisynth I get the "video track is unseekable" in larger .mxf files..

Maybe I can use the DirectShowSource("input.mxf") but is a procedure shaky... it's all too indirect..
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!