VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. My source video files are AVI's. I bought Adobe Elements, and I have tried using it but loading the AVI causes slow loading, playing, etc basically incompatible. I have tried Lightworks and the same thing happens. I have tried Avidemux, but all you can do is edit and cut. I see no way to add photos, text, transitions with Avidemux. I have tried Any Video Editor but no good either. I need a video editor software that can edit my AVI files and then can create a compatible movie file with Quicktime. I have been using Windows Movie Maker and can use it easily to create mp4 vids from the AVI files, but they will not play on Quicktime. I also have a mac but iMovie does not read AVI vids.

All help appreciated.

Computer; Windows 7 64bit
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Quicktime should support mp4s.

Can you post more details from your avi. Video and audio codecs. Identify it with mediainfo.
    Quote Quote  
  3. As a great open-source QuickTime component, Perian is the saver to allow QuickTime to play all kinds of AVI videos for Mac users. Unfortunately, the latest version 1.2.3 of Perian is not compatible with Mac OS X Mavericks (10.9), Mountain Lion (10.8) and Lion (10.7).

If this way doesn't meet your need, try another method to convert AVI to QuickTime supported format.

Some widely used software here:

HandBrake
    Faasoft Video Converter(AVI to QuickTime - How to Successfully Play AVI in QuickTime on Mac and Windows?)
    etc.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!