VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. eddie holub
    Search Comp PM
    Hi folks, here's my problem. I never rip blurays, I just download the HD files then burn to bluray disc. I've been reasonably lucky simply burning the MKV files directly to the disc without using any processing software. However once in a while the burned image will have a different aspect ratio. For instance a 1:33 to 1 image will be stretched horizontally into a 1:85 to 1 image. I use Nero to burn my discs. Can someone offer any help to fix my problem. When this problem crops up, I can fix the aspect ratio by processing the file through Convert x to DVD, but the file is compressed drastically to the point where it's so small it loses detail in the HD image. Thanks in advance for any help you can give. Eddie
    Quote Quote  
  2. You could add black bars to the sides to flesh out your 1.33:1 sources to 1920x1080. And you could use a better program than Nero.
    Quote Quote  
  3. eddie holub
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks Monono for replying. Yes, I know I should use something a little more powerful than Nero. Could you suggest ways or a software that would enable me to add black bars to the sides? Like I said before I would have to burn the file initially to bluray and see if it's screwed up or not than go back and fix it and burn it again. Thanks again for your help. Eddie.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Blu-Ray really isn't my thing so I'm sure someone else can offer more informed advice. UncropMKV comes to mind as one easy-to-use program to get them back to Blu-Ray compliant resolution followed then by multiAVCHD to author them for Blu-Ray
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!