VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello,

I'm trying to encode a VIDEO_TS with Handbrake but when it reach 100% it does not stop. It's like it can't 'close' it. If I stop it manually and watch the resulting video I see a wrong 'lenght' (like hours instead of minutes) with the last part being corrupted. It happens for single chapters and for the whole DVD.
    MakeMKV says it could be a bad rip since it is 'processed by DvdFab/MacTheRipper which is known to produce damaged VOB files'. Don't understand what it exactly mean.

What can I do? I thought it was a corrupted rip so I tried some things with EditIfo or FixVTS to no avail. I really don't know where to put mine hands.

What do you think I can do?

Any help is appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Try extracting the short segment you need from your VOB file(s) with mpg2cut2. That will save as MPG. You can then convert that to your final codec/container. Or use VOB2MPG to convert the VOBs to MPG.
    Quote Quote  
  3. The video is subdivided in 6 VOB. I need the whole thing, eventually with chapters included. Eventually I could convert the single VOBs and join them? It coul be a thing to try. The bad thing is that with a media player the video is perfectly navigable in it's interity and the 'corrupted' part seems flawless.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You can get the chapters with ChapterGrabber and add them back in later. Generally I tend to make my own chapters using AVIDemux and MMG as the chapters on the disc generally aren't up to scratch, of course I mostly rip TV Shows.

Actually, if they're not copy protected anymore you could probably try muxing the VOBs into MKV's with MMG and re-encoding them from there.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Have done everything with Avidemux. I divided the video manually in chapters (cutting it, they are episodes i needed them that way anyway), better than nothing.

Thank you for the hint.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I generally just use AVIDemux to get time-codes to copy/paste into the MMG chapter editor... but OK.
    Quote Quote  
  7. They would not mux in MKV, I tried with MKVmerge before. Half of the episodes where so damaged that I needed to re-encode them with Avidemux, the other half could have been extracted as a 'copy' but in the end I have choosen to re-encode everything in MPEG-2 and mux them in AVI. Everything gone well.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!