VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello, good morning.. i just try to make a video with this camera DSLR and make a movie about animal. the Video quality is very good in Raw condition. but after i try to convert to lower quality the picture is not good. i have problem when uploading a big video file because connection is slow.. so what is the best conversion setting to this DSLR video.. the result after convert it to mp4 and uploading it is not great.. i try it to upload a bit of the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MnnpKqdJnQ .
    Quote Quote  
  2. The highest quality available on your YouTube is 360p, so whatever conversions you are doing is severely downsizing the image. What software are you using?
    Quote Quote  
  3. smrpix I can see 480p version here and it looks pretty good.
    Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence -Carl Sagan
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Me too (480p OK), though not so good when you blow it up to full screen. But that's Youtube, not your cam, or even your encode. Of course mp4 is going to look worse! - You are probably shrinking it to a tiny fraction of it's original RAW size.

Do a few seconds-worth clip upload, sent using your highest-available h.264 bitrate, full hd rez & framerate, and see if the quality gets any better. My guess is: a little but not a lot.

@smrpix, I think that max depends greatly on your downlink capability.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by Cornucopia View Post

@smrpix, I think that max depends greatly on your downlink capability.

Scott
    I was on an ipad, so that may have been a limiting factor as well. (We're also all assuming OP isn't shooting 480 in the first place.)

I agree with you Scott, that camera produces h.264 in a mov wrapper and a short original clip can be easily uploaded for comparison.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!