VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Should i always capture gameplay at 60fps even if the game only runs at 30.Thought i was done with interlaced video but most games on the ps2 only output in 480i anyone know of some good programs for deinterlacing i have been using xvid4psp because it can detect the interlace and pick the deinterlacer any other programs like that.Last thing is 15 mbps ok for recording gameplay my pc can only handle about 30 max is that overkill.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    ConanEdogawa, in the future please use a more descriptive subject title in your posts to allow others to search for similar topics. I will change yours this time. From our rules:
    Try to choose a subject that describes your topic.
    Please do not use topic subjects like Help me!!! or Problems.
    Thanks,

Moderator redwudz
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    No. If 60fps, capture to 60. If 30fps capture to 30.

For PS2, Virtualdub deinterlaced Yadif double frame. Its a cool, because your file is more fluid like a real 59.94/60 progressive file.

For awesome image, use avisynth QTGMC script for double frame too. Its a nearly perfect image, if source is capture use lossless codec like UT VIDEO/LAGARITH.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by Cauptain View Post
    Its a cool, because your file is more fluid like a real 59.94/60 progressive file.
    Why is deinterlaced 60i more fluid/smoother than real 60p (59.940p)? Should be the same but real 60p doesn't have artefacts.

I personally would get a component cable (like I do), set the ps2 to component out and capture 480p60 over that.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by flashandpan007 View Post
    Why is deinterlaced 60i more fluid/smoother than real 60p (59.940p)? Should be the same but real 60p doesn't have artefacts.

I personally would get a component cable (like I do), set the ps2 to component out and capture 480p60 over that.
    Easy. 99.9% of PS2 games are 480i, not 480p.

Its works for composite and component inputs. work to any console 32bits, 64 and 128 bits (PS2/Dreamcast/Gamecube)

Some capture cards like Roxio and Roxio HD suffering this. Capture progressive mode but deinterlaced used is horrible, better capture 480i and QTGMC deinterlaced to 480p.
    Quote Quote  
  6. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PlayStation_2_games_with_HD_support

You're right, but why deinterlace the captured video instead of leaving it interlaced? I would leave it as it is, the player (I use MPC with LAV) deinterlaces it, and when displaying it on crt it is better than deinterlaced.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by flashandpan007 View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PlayStation_2_games_with_HD_support

You're right, but why deinterlace the captured video instead of leaving it interlaced? I would leave it as it is, the player (I use MPC with LAV) deinterlaces it, and when displaying it on crt it is better than deinterlaced.
    Its a preference only. Dislike interlace sources.

I upload some videos from youtube, if interlaced...

Look the videos, same source: 30p vs 30i@60p using QTGMC
    Quote Quote  
  8. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    Besides, less and less people use CRT monitors or TVs

(even in a 5th-World country like Brazil ).
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by El Heggunte View Post
    Besides, less and less people use CRT monitors or TVs

(even in a 5th-World country like Brazil ).
    Quote Quote  
  10. LOL, I know, had a crt ... long time ago

30p file is 30.000p and 60p file is 60.000p (made out of 60i), please upload an original 60i (30fps interlaced) source file so I can watch and compare it.
    Last edited by flashandpan007; 8th May 2014 at 10:26.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Unfortunately I have nothing related to ROXIO CAPTURE. I banished all Roxio related in my life.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Sorry about the title but yea most ps2 games only output 480i the ones toward the end of the lifespan might do 480p but most only do 480i my capture card detects the source input so i can only capture those games at 480i. I have the component cable but you can't force a game to output 480p if it never could in the first place so you are stuck having to deinterlace it. I would upload a sample but i was just doing some tests and that's when i came across this thanks for all the tips everyone it will really help me out
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi conanEdogawa,

Please, upload a sample file.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Ok i just ran a few tests and the avermedia i am using i guess doesn't handle interlaced video so well.I heard of a emulator called PCSX2 that can make ps2 games that were never HD run in HD i am thinking of just using that or just use my old cap card to cap s-video from the ps2 like i used to. I capped some persona 3 im not sure if this game runs at 60fps but i do know it runs in 480i. Im going to look through my ps2 games and look around on wiki and see if i have a ps2 game that runs in 480p i thought my card or chords might be screwed up but i just tried something in progressive and it looks fine to me.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!