VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am looking for software other than Premiere Pro (above my budget) or Final Cut Pro (I'm using Windows) to import jpeg's and make them into a movie. They are from 8mm film so I need to also be able to adjust the frame rate to 16 or 18 fps. Any suggestions please? I'm not after free software, a couple of hundred dollars is fine, just not a couple of thousand! Pinnancle Studio doesn't work. CyberLink PowerDirector has good reviews but I'm not sure of it's capability in this regard. Anyone using this or other software in this manner?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If the jpegs are named and numbered sequencially, then you just import as an image sequence at any framerate you choose. You can use Virtualdub (free) for this and export to your codec of choice.
    Got my retirement plans all set. Looks like I only have to work another 5 years after I die........
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I use Gif Movie Gear which allows you to set the frame rate for each frame. You can set GMG to export as 24 bit so you're not just stuck with 256 color GIFs but can save as avi, animated or still png, swf
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by GettingStarted View Post
    I'm not after free software, a couple of hundred dollars is fine, just not a couple of thousand!
    Why spend money needlessly when freeware can do it just as well or better? I'd use an AviSynth script to open them in just about any encoder and then encode into just about any format you wish. This is similar to what racer-x suggested.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!