VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i Have image files of Movies/dvds on my Hard Drive that I want to burn onto DVD-r , they appear as a small grey disc icon in a folder, when I click on them they open in NERO and then when instructed to I press BURN/WRITE, however when NERO has finished the disc, does not play, either on my PC or a standalone player.
    What am I doing wrong, or have I got the principle of IMAGE files wrong altogether, I thought that an Image file can simply be burned using a suitable program (NERO or IMAGEBURN) and that would produce a watchable dvd.
    Quote Quote  
  2. My guess is you wrote the file to the disc as a file, not as a disc image. Use ImgBurn and select Write Image File To Disc, from the Mode -> Ez-Mode Picker.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thats what I am doing......clicking onto WRITE IMAGE FILE TO DISC, then burning but the DVD that is created doesnt run, I have also opened the "IMAGE" using WINISO and it says the image is unsupported, however WINISO is a program I have never used before so I could be on the wrong thing altogether

Is there any way I can use another program, to convert these images I have to the VIDEO_TS files that I am used to burning.
    Quote Quote  
  4. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    Open those .ISOs with WinRAR or 7-Zip, and check whether they actually contain a VIDEO_TS structure.

IIRC, WinIso does not support UDF 2.5/2.6
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Sorry to sound stupid (I am really) I have WINRAR installed but when i right click and open with WINRAR it reports that it is an unknown or damaged file.....Could this be the problem, that it is infact a dmaged file
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by efiste2 View Post
    Could this be the problem, that it is infact a dmaged file
    Yes. You could try mounting it as a virtual drive with WinCDEmu or Daemon Tools. Then browsing with Explorer.
    Quote Quote  
  7. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by efiste2 View Post
    Could this be the problem, that it is infact a dmaged file
    It depends. The OLD versions of WinRAR didn't support the Blu-Ray/AVCHD filesystem (UDF 2.5).
    Current builds are 5.xx, mine is 4.11.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!