VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. What I'd like to do, is take a PAL DVDrip I have (I can't find the DVD right now, still looking) that's 25fps and make it 23.97fps with NTSC audio speed. I would like to use a program that doesn't have to be installed, like a portable version or ZIP file, but if I have to use an installed program, I can. I also have subtitles that fit the speed the video, and would like to fix those to NTSC speed as well. Anyone know how to do this? I'm only experienced in simple video editing, not encoding and conversion. Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    We have a ton of different guides on how to do EXACTLY what you ask about. Are you too lazy to even look? I don't know any of the guides that can use portable software to do this.

You don't say what you want the final output to be and that's important. Also, are you aware that computers do NOT need conversion? You can play a PAL DVD fine on your computer no matter where you live. VLC is one example of a free software player that can play DVD.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    One more thing - you'll lose any menus once you convert from PAL to NTSC.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I found a lot of guides about video only, or programs that must be installed. I'd like the format to be m4v and 23fps if that helps. I only have the movie itself that I ripped a few years ago at 25fps with Handbrake. Sorry for the stupid question, but I found nothing for subtitles AND video here. Maybe I missed a guide on that?
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!