VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The title says it all. In the downloads section it just gives me a .zip file with a file called Hybrid and no extension. What do I do from here?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Guess you are the only one and first guy wanna try Hybrid on linux.

neway I never tried hybrid before, but gonna help you with general guidelines...
    The short-cut I am gonna mention as below is not standard practice - violates Paradigm of Linux Security.
    Use it sparingly.

1) I am not sure but Hybrid on linux might be dependent Qt runtime libraries like libqtcoreX and libqtguiX, where as X is the version you have already installed on your tux and gonna match with Hybrid version. May be you need proper version of C/C++ runtime libraries like libstdc++.
    2) You can unarchive Hybrid.zip and get a linux Hybrid binary.
    3) As a root - super user permission you can copy inux Hybrid binary into /usr/bin folder & set proper permissions.
    You can also copy into a different folder with appropriate permissions
    4) to test as a user (not root) you can type hybrid or Hybrid into shell.
    I might have missed something here (WiNE) b'coz never tried Hybrid before.

Finally...
    May be you will get fast jet-speed support from author too, Hope, I did not missed anything.

Moderators are requested to move this into linux branch.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    When the masters create any OS (any s/w) - as a master piece, We just dissect in details to get the best!
    Last edited by enim; 1st May 2014 at 02:33. Reason: Request to moderators.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Considering that your profile as of 4 days ago said your config is an "iMac running Windows 7" and now you say it's for linux, you seem a wee bit confused. But I'll assume it's linux.

Also you don't specify which linux distro you're using and it's impossible to answer without knowing that.

The hybrid developer is a member here and hopefully he'll chime in. But basically the tar or zip install file won't be enough in linux. You have to have the program's dependencies resolved as well.

If you're using ubuntu try this:

http://forum.selur.de/topic124-info-hybriddependencies-for-ubuntu.html

And if you can't understand that, you need to join the support forum for your linux distro. Which I hope is ubuntu. I've never seen another distro's support forum which is any damn use to noobs. Which you clearly are.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Hoser Rob View Post
    "iMac running Windows 7" and now you say it's for linux, you seem a wee bit confused.
    Yeah, I have a Late 2006 20inch iMac which I've installed windows 7 on, which I use as my main machine, and a Dell Inspiron 15 with Lubuntu.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Lubuntu ... OK, so you have decent support.

Go to ubuntuforums and askubuntu and learn about dependencies. It's not like windoze where you just have one installer .exe file. In linux the OS installs all software and handles dependenciies.

It takes a bit longer to learn but that's not a bug. It's a feature.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I will move this thread to the Linux Forum.

Moderator redwudz
    Quote Quote  
  7. In addition to above mentioned link, it seems to depends on libQtXMultimedia, libQtXWidgets, libQtXXml, libQtXNetwork, libQtXDBus, libQtXGui, libQtXCore, libstdc++, libm, libgcc, and libc as well
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by enim View Post
    In addition to above mentioned link, it seems to depends on libQtXMultimedia, libQtXWidgets, libQtXXml, libQtXNetwork, libQtXDBus, libQtX, libQtXCore, libstdc++, libm, libgcc, and libc as well
    That's not encouraging, is it? I'd kind of expect a complete list of dependencies on that site. Perhaps linux support isn't a priority there.

This is why it's generally recommended for linux noobs to stick to the official repos. I totally agree.

And why I've never actually installed it on my kubuntu system. The only reason I'd really want it is that it's a front end for mencoder, which will handle formats that almost anything else will choke on, like VC-1. But there are other mencoder GUIs.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I got it working! I basically installed QT from this link: http://qt-project.org/downloads
    Then followed the instructions from here: http://forum.selur.de/topic124-info-hybriddependencies-for-ubuntu.html
    The only problem that I had was with delaycut, but I found a precompiled version here: http://ppa.launchpad.net/amtm/delaycut/ubuntu/pool/main/d/delaycut/
    Then in the properties of the NeroAACEnc, NeroAACDec and NeroAACTag set it to be executable by anyone, and that was that, it works and I'm happy. I hope this helps someone in the future.
    Quote Quote  
  10. libQtXMultimedia, libQtXWidgets, libQtXXml, libQtXNetwork, libQtXDBus, libQtX, libQtXCore, libstdc++, libm, libgcc, and libc as well
    problem is that the content of the qt-core libraries seem to be different from distro to distro

btw. I normally only check the Hybrid thread (https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/345169-Hybrid%28Windows-Linux-Mac%29-Input-x264-x265-Xvid-VP8-VP9) for Hybrid problems,...
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!