VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Is someone using the program DVMPPro? Which output file type do you use? WMV or AVI?
    As far as I can see WMV is the only alternative as AVI gives a file with unsynchronised sound.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    You don't mention what you are doing to the files (I assume burning in), nor do you specify what your source files are, your avi codec choices attempted, or verifying playback system used, so I believe you may be very well mistaken about avi mis-sync.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  3. Sourcefile is mts and I am burning in date.
    Attached is a copy of what the new file looks when opened for edit in sony movie studio12.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  4. Please be more descriptive in what you are trying to accomplish and what is not working. That photo you posted does not necessarily show anything wrong.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Well, it does show that the audio track doesn't fit its corresponding video track, but that could very well be due to human settings error.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    what decoder do you have the audio set for? I have problems using Cinemaster, but no issues using ffdshow.

i do avi for output using x264vfw as my avi compresser, with include audio stream flagged, i haven't had any issues with audio.
    Quote Quote  
  7. I have tested this further. When I load the original file there is no problem in movie studio but after having been processed in DVMPPro the sound is indeed not synchronized in yhe new AVI-file. This is what can be seen on the picture I enclosed earlier.
    I have also tested the same original files stamped in DVMPPro and the output as WMV. Then there is no problem with the sound.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Again, the information that you are providing us is incomplete.

What process(es) are you doing while IN DVMPPro?

When you choose the AVI option, which CODEC sub-option(s) are you choosing? Have you tried them ALL?

Always best to use either actual samples or at least a detailed MediaInfo text readout to help everyone get up to speed.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  9. Sourcefile is mts and I am burning in date. I use for AVI the output compressor GoPro cineform encoder. Earlier I used MJPEG-compressor with the same result. Have also tested all the other compressors resulting in a deteriorated picture. MJPEG and now GoPro also have a resonable filesize but then there is the problem with sound.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Not going to be able to test this out on my own material for a couple of weeks (major crunch-time projects upcoming), anybody else want to try?

@uno, it seems you have an aversion to details. I'd really hate for anyone to have to do all the legwork for you when you already ought to have that info at your fingertips and should be able to give it to us. We've mentioned it a couple of times now.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  11. That aversion to details is because I donot know what details I am omitting. I am certainly not a data expert and I use these programs without knowing what is behind them. I just asked if somone else had the same problem as me. It does not seem to be the case. Then I will take it from there and try to find the best output I can produce. I enclose the options I have choosen when making an AVI-file.
    Thanks for all time and interest on this matter.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Again:
    use either actual samples or at least a detailed MediaInfo text readout...

That repetitive printscreen-to-worddoc doesn't tell us anything about your available system codecs, bitrate choices, actual steps (in detailed order) of what you did in DVMPpro or Movie studio, nor your MS project settings, imported file interpretation. Yet you keep giving us that rather than what we/I asked for.

If you are unsure of what info to include, why not include much more rather than too little?

Scott
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!