VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The installable version has a bunch of adware (scanned on virustotal.com). The portable version scanned as having Packed.Win32.Katusha.1!O, but it only came up positive on 1/51 scanners.

Does anyone have additional thoughts on the likelihood of a false-positive? or on the overall reputability of the program (the portable version in particular)?

Or perhaps a better recommendation? I tried using MP4Box to extract original audio from MP4s, but it's kind of annoying checking multiple boxes on batch extractions.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I have it and no adware on my install - malware bytes, avg and hijackthis finds nothing.
    TheVoiceIsAnotherPerson ~ BeyonWiz DP-P1 and T3 PVR's ~ Popcorn C200 ~ Samsung ES8000 65" LED TV ~ Windows 7 ~ Yamaha RX-A1030
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by netmask56 View Post
    I have it and no adware on my install - malware bytes, avg and hijackthis finds nothing.
    Portable or full install?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Full installation
    TheVoiceIsAnotherPerson ~ BeyonWiz DP-P1 and T3 PVR's ~ Popcorn C200 ~ Samsung ES8000 65" LED TV ~ Windows 7 ~ Yamaha RX-A1030
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    My avira antivirus also reports a virus. It's TR/Spy.11151 in CTAAEncoder.exe, not program itself. I'll send a mail to author of this program. It might be a false-positive.

Edit: I think program doesn't have an installer.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Attached contents of Pazera install folder - inside the tools only ffmpeg and mediainfo. The file CTAAEncoder.exe is not in my install and there is an uninstaller.
    Attached Images  
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You are right there is an installer version. I had downloaded the file from a different site which does not include ad-supported versions of some software. I've downloaded the installer and it looks like it includes adware which doesn't mean it's infected. There is some information about it in their site: http://www.pazera-software.com/privacy/
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I tend to download from videohelp tools section and always use custom install if it is presented in the installation process.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I scanned (virustotal) the videohelp downloads (portable and non) and they are completely clean, whereas the install download from pazera-software.com has 10 hits on virustotal, and even the portable one got a hit.
    Last edited by bqi; 30th Apr 2014 at 20:29.
    Quote Quote