VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I use Sony Vegas 12 Pro.
    I have a video (mp4) who shows a man walking in a town and i want to change the colour in the video (only in a part).
    The man with the natural colours(as in reality is) and the rest of icon (buildings,roads,cars etc) full of Black and White colour.

In wich way can i do this using Vegas Pro (version 12)??

Here it is an example what i mean

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gpj4w9_T_Yg

Can somebody help me please??
    Quote Quote  
  2. It's possible in vegas , but difficult. Vegas is not the best tool for this

Basically you need to rotoscope out the man (it's masks that move) , so you can isolate man vs. everything else and apply any effect to either , separately..

Use the search terms "masking and rotoscoping" for tutorials in vegas
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Is there any else software witch can this job with easy way??
    Quote Quote  
  4. There is no "easy" way, it's usually a lot of manual work depending on the shot. And if you want to do a good job, it 's usually a lot of work.

But there are "easier" ways, e.g. after effects or mocha have more tools that can help you rotoscope (e.g. rotobrush, motion tracking)

Or you can do a better job of planning the shoot (e.g. shoot on a greenscreen and do compositing)
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    thanks a lot!!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If you just wanted to do the hat, it would be simple enough in Vegas. But that video you offered as an example was shot on a greenscreen. It's too clean to be hand roto-ed.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!