VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi

I'm looking for a program that execute a batch or execute some actions when I browse in explorer and I see the .mxf file to transcode, when I clic the right mouse button and select it from the menu .. it execute the batch procedure to transcode it

mmm Name:  cats.jpg
Views: 455
Size:  6.8 KB

thanks!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I suppose you can make an ffmpeg *.bat file and put it in your Right-Click SendTo folder. Then you just right-click on the first .mxf file and send to your bat file. All .mxf files will be transcoded.
    Got my retirement plans all set. Looks like I only have to work another 5 years after I die........
    Quote Quote  
  3. Yes, batch files in your SendTo folder appear in the Send To menu when you right click on a file. Here's an example bat file that uses ffmpeg to remux a video to MKV:

Code:
    "g:\program files\ffmpeg\bin\ffmpeg" -i %1 -vcodec copy -acodec copy "%~d1%~p1%~n1.mkv"
    pause
    I use pause so I can see any error reports.

For x264 encoding with presets I use batch files like this:

Code:
    start /b /low x264.exe --preset=slow --crf=18 --sar=1:1 --output %1.mkv %1
    pause
    That runs x264 at low priority so it runs in the background without much effect on foreground processes.

In XP the SendTo folder is in C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\SendTo. In newer versions of Windows it's easiest to find by searching -- click on the start/Windows button and enter
    Code:
    shell:sendto
    in the search field. That will take you to C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Window s\SendTo.
    Last edited by jagabo; 27th Apr 2014 at 11:35.
    Quote Quote  
  4. oh, it's complicated ..
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It's not complicated. You don't need to copy the batch file into the SendTo folder, you can just use a shortcut to the batch file and put it in there. It works just fine.

Or you can create shortcuts to your batch files on your desktop and drag whatever file into them to batch convert.

For instance here is a batch file I made to encode an Avisynth script into a YouTube ready avc/aac mp4. It will auto-name the output to match the input and put them into the named folder:

for %%a in ("*.avs") do "C:\FFmbc\ffmpeg" -i %%a -s 1280x720 -c:v libx264 -level 40 -pix_fmt yuv420p -preset medium -crf 22 -threads 8 -c:a aac -strict experimental -ar 48000 -ab 256k -f mp4 E:\Video\YouTube\%%~na.mp4
    pause
    Got my retirement plans all set. Looks like I only have to work another 5 years after I die........
    Quote Quote  
  6. I have to do a proof because my basement is:

color 2
    del v:\automazioneclip\output\temp.avi
    del v:\automazioneclip\output\temp.wav
    @echo on
    set "d="
    set "done="
    set /p "d=Type source path (or press enter for current folder): "
    if not defined d set "d=%cd%"
    if not exist "%d%" echo Enter valid path - try again & goto :loop
    :loop
    cd /d "%d%"
    for /f "delims=" %%a in ('dir *.mxf /b /od /a-d') do (
    if defined done goto :EOF
    if not exist "v:\automazioneclip\output\%%~na.*" (
    echo %d%\%%~na.mxf|clip >nul
    v:\automazioneclip\core\ffmpeg -i %d%\%%~na.mxf -map_channel 0.1.0 -map_channel 0.1.1 -af "volume=volume=9dBrecision=fixed" v:\automazioneclip\output\temp.wav
    ren v:\automazioneclip\output\temp.wav %%~na.wav
    v:\automazioneclip\core\ffmpeg -i %d%\%%~na.mxf -map_channel 0.1.2 -map_channel 0.1.3 -af "volume=volume=9dBrecision=fixed" v:\automazioneclip\output\tempch3ch4.wav
    ren v:\automazioneclip\output\tempch3ch4.wav %%~nach3ch4.wav
    v:\automazioneclip\virtualdub\vdub.exe /max %d%\%%~na.mxf /s v:\automazioneclip\virtualdub\scriptIMX.vcf
    ren v:\automazioneclip\output\temp.avi %%~na.avi
    goto loop
    set done=1
    )
    )
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!