VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi,

I really Hope you help me guys in this, In my company we want to place 3 TV's in each floor , a total of 6 Tv's to show announcements and important information for employees , mostly powerpoint presentations .

and I was looking for the best way to connect the TV's wireless and control the screen by a single server computer, we have existing Wireless network, if that doesn't work, we can have a new wireless network for this issue no problem.

I've searched for that this week and no luck to find out a solution , most of what in the market is limiting the streaming to apps and youtube and so on. I thought about NetGear push2tv but not sure of how it works.

the reason is we can't but any new cabling , but if the wireless solution is impossible, what is the best other way to play Powerpoint presentations on these screens ?

thank you in advance
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Usb flash drive in each TV port?
    Or affix a wifi-enabled tablet with Office type app on each, each attached to respective TV via HDMI.

Or, convert PPT to video and then stream "like the rest of us".

You understand about the bottleneck with bandwidth here, right?

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by Cornucopia View Post
    Usb flash drive in each TV port?
    Or affix a wifi-enabled tablet with Office type app on each, each attached to respective TV via HDMI.

Or, convert PPT to video and then stream "like the rest of us".

You understand about the bottleneck with bandwidth here, right?

Scott
    Thanks for reply,

If possible , can you please explain how to stream the video and keep it playing in a loop ?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Actually, I think you were already on the right track with the WIDI-type stuff (Netgear push2tv). Ppt running in a loop (easy to set up), onto "secondary" monitor (also easy in ppt) which happens to be the widi streaming source, widi receivers pipe it via hdmi into the tvs. Must make sure source pc is compatible with widi, and buy one widi receiver for each tv, but that should cover everything.

Oh, and you might also need stronger wifi (repeaters), if you are spread far and on multiple floors.

Understand, of course, that in order for this to work, the pc is doing both realtime ppt playback, realtime compression, and realtime streaming, so get a HIGH powered pc. And hopefully the compression used is up to your standards. In fact, I would suggest doing a live scenario test/demonstration to your satisfaction before buying.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Joethe5th.... your need a "mirroring" solution.......

Find out if AirParrot can handle 6 simultaneous endpoints at the same time.

If so, then you just need to get one Apple TV to connect to each of your Television sets..... and you're done.

TC
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    @True Colors, AirParrot is basically just what I was already talking about, just a different brand (using the AirPlay protocol instead of WiDi). Had it worked, I would have agreed with your suggestion. However, as the AirParrot support site shows:
    Can I mirror to multiple AppleTVs? No, AirParrot isn't designed to do this. We're looking into ways to do this in the future....
    So, it sounds like the OP is still going to have to do a bit of research legwork. Multi-casting of wireless mirroring might be the camel-breaking straw.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    That is too bad about AirParrot being limited to one endpoint. I looked for that information on their website but did not see it.

Meanwhile..... Skype might be a good solution for this

http://www.skype.com/en/features/screen-sharing/?intcmp=blogs-_-generic-click-_-skype-...-video-calling

The TV's will need to have Skype capability already built into them....... or else the TV's will need to have a skype capable device connected to them.

TC
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!