VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have a srt file here which I processed using suprip (used virtualbox to use this app). The sup file was extracted from a BD rip using tsmuxer. I opened the resulting srt file and it looks ok.

Anyway, I encoded my BD rip of the a video and added the srt from within handbrake. I checked the queue and it does say the subtitle is being added.

My problem is that when I viewed the resulting mp4 in VLC, it cannot see any subtitles stream in the video.

I haven't tried the nightly yet but just wondering if this is a common problem?

Thanks very much!

ps. I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask so please move accordingly.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-04-26 at 12.52.09.png
Views:	477
Size:	48.4 KB
ID:	24798
    Last edited by mrjayviper; 25th Apr 2014 at 22:24.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Do you want to hardcode the subs into to the video? Then I think the subtitle must be in ssa/ass format.

Or else see if you can enable the subtitle in vlc under subtitle->subtitle track.
    Quote Quote  
  3. well the add subtitle button in handbrake specifically says srt so it must be in SRT format. and I already checked that setting in VLC and it can't see any subtitle stream.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Handbrake and subs can be pretty tricky. You can always add/multiplex the srt to a mp4 or mkv after with mymp4boxgui or mkvtoolnix.

If you want to hardcode the subs see http://www.epinionated.net/handbrake-burn-in-subtitles-mkv-mp4-apple-tv/
    Last edited by Baldrick; 6th Sep 2014 at 02:06.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Thanks for the suggestions. I'll look into them. I just want soft subs not burn them in
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!