I've been playing around with converting some of the things on my Dish DVR to DVD through a Hauppauge 1212 PVR. So far (after some trial and error, and some help from you guys here) I have had very good luck converting my m2ts files to DVD with a combination of Avisynth and FFMpeg/WinFF. I then demux with bbdmux and author with GUI4dvdauthor. I have a few videos with 5.1 surround that I am still having trouble with though. The files convert OK, and generally play very good on my DVD player. The problem is in a few spots where there is a fade to black with audio in the background. When this happens, the audio starts to stutter/get garbled until the picture comes back.

Here is my AVIsynth script
video="input.ts"
DirectShowSource(video, fps=29.97, convertfps=true)
Load_Stdcall_plugin("I:\yadif17\yadif.dll")
Yadif(Mode=1)
SelectEven()
TDecimate()

And here is my FFMpeg script

"i:\ffmpeg.exe" -y -i "I:\TS Files\TS\input.avs" -f dvd -target ntsc-dvd -r 23.976 -vf scale=720:480 -aspect 16:9 -b:v 8000k -g 12 -mbd rd -trellis 1 -flags +mv0 -cmp 0 -subcmp 2 -ss 00:00:45.754 -t 01:56:08.719 "C:\Users\User\Desktop\output.mpg"

I have encoded at 23.976 and at 29.97 with 2 channel and 6 channel audio, and the result is the same every time. The video plays fine on my computer, but when I author the DVDs the audio stutters in the same spots every time. I have tried encoding with FFMpeg, HCENC, and TMPGenc with various combinations of the above parameters, and each time its the same. The only constant is AVIsynth. Could that be causing my problem?