VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. hi,

i have a lot a videos in .TS format.
    Each have 160 pixel borders on left and right.

how can i remove them, without recode the video part ?

i tried handbrake, but it recodes.....

is there any a tool dedicade to do that (trim video screen) ?

thanks for help
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by Michael REMY View Post
    hi,

i have a lot a videos in .TS format.
    Each have 160 pixel borders on left and right.

how can i remove them, without recode the video part ?
    You cannot.

MKV files have crop flags in the header (they tell the player to crop the video during playback) but few players obey them. VLC is one of those few programs. MMG can add the flags.
    Quote Quote  
  3. While talking about cropping signaling:
    H.264 (and H.265) supports cropping signaling on the stream level, which will signal the decoder that only a part of the content should be shown.
    Problem with this is that not all decoders support this.
    If you want to set these flags you can use: http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=152419
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by Selur View Post
    While talking about cropping signaling:
    H.264 (and H.265) supports cropping signaling on the stream level, which will signal the decoder that only a part of the content should be shown.
    Problem with this is that not all decoders support this.
    If you want to set these flags you can use: http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=152419
    From what I read in that thread it's limited to cropping <16 pixels off the right and bottom edges. Ie, it can't be used to crop pillarbox bars from 4:3 content in a 16:9 frame, or letterbox bars from 2.35:1 content in 16:9 frames.
    Quote Quote  
  5. hmm,.. at least the modified ffmpeg version seems to only allow values between 0 and 16, but iirc the spec should allow larger values (as long the result is mod16)
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!