VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have a video file I can't burn with ether Nero or CDBurnerXP. Not sure why, so I give up.
    I'm going to open it in Ulead Vdieo Studio 11+, convert it to NTSC and put it on a disc with that program.

The video settings are. TS Video codec : MPEG2 Audio codec : AC3 Video : 3702 Kbps, 720 * 576 (16:9), at 25.000 fps, MPEG Video (PAL) (Version 2) (Main @ Main ) (CustomMatrix / BVOP)

Audio : German, 192 Kbps, 48.0 KHz, 2 channels, MPEG Audio (Version 1) (Layer 2) Audio 2 : 192 Kbps, 48.0 KHz, 2 channels, MPEG Audio (Version 1) (Layer 2 ) Audio 3 : German, 448 Kbps, 48.0 KHz, 16 bits, 2 channels, AC-3

I want to change it the least as I can. When I convert it, what would be the best match to these PAL settings?

Another question would be, if I'm going to change it, does it matter how much I change it? Is a little change the same as a little more change?
    Thank you,
    Chris.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by happydog500 View Post
    I have a video file I can't burn with ether Nero or CDBurnerXP. Not sure why, so I give up.
    You need to AUTHOR it first.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    And even if you can load that file in to Video Studio 11 (which I doubt), it will make a total fist of converting it to NTSC. At best it will simply add 1 frame every five and you end up with a stuttering video.

Check the forums for a cleaner method of converting from PAL to NTSC - even avstodvd can do this. But you have a low bitrate and even increasing that will not help and re-encoding will lose you more quality.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by DB83 View Post
    And even if you can load that file in to Video Studio 11 (which I doubt), it will make a total fist of converting it to NTSC. At best it will simply add 1 frame every five and you end up with a stuttering video.

Check the forums for a cleaner method of converting from PAL to NTSC - even avstodvd can do this. But you have a low bitrate and even increasing that will not help and re-encoding will lose you more quality.
    No problem loading it in VidesStudio
    It's from an HD source, put down to DVD. The quality is fantastic on a 42" TV. A little less will be supper good.

Chris.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Well if the quality is 'fantastc' at that bitrate it can only mean one thing.

It's anime.

Does not alter my opinion that you are using the wrong program.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by DB83 View Post
    Well if the quality is 'fantastc' at that bitrate it can only mean one thing.

It's anime.

Does not alter my opinion that you are using the wrong program.
    Jazz Masters All Stars -
    Jon Faddis (trumpet), Claus Reichstaller (trumpet, flugelhorn), Nathan Davis (soprano & tenor saxophones), Benny Golson (tenor saxophone), George Cables (piano), Abraham Laboriel (5 string electric bass guitar), Dennis Mackrel (drums). (Germany), March 14, 2013.

Or two things. I get good quality at that bit rate. The quality is super good for me. I mostly listen to the music. I want to give a disc to my friend, but it won't play on his Blu-Ray Player.

Quote Quote  
  7. That video is 25p. The best method is to encode at 720x480 MPEG 2 at 25p then add 3:2:3:2:2 pulldown flags. That looks very similar to normal 23.976 fps film with 3:2 pulldown flags. But VideoStudio probably can't do that. It will probably just duplicate every 5th frame turning 25p into 30p. That will lead to 5 little jerks every second. It may not be very noticeable on that material though.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Watching the DVD. It's beautiful!! Very smooth. I put chapters in at each song and cranked up the volume 150-200%. It sounds good, not to loud but I think if I do anymore I won't go up as high in the volume. I do like mine up tho.

Thank you,
    Chris.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!