VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I add a file and play it but, no sound. How do I get it to play the sound? MP4 files used.
    I was using the 64 bit version. I removed it and installed the 32 bit version and now it works!!
    Last edited by pepegot1; 24th Apr 2014 at 12:02.
    Quote Quote  
  2. '
    Menu Items select 'Edit' -> 'Preferences' -> 'Audio'
    Ensure 'AudioDevice' option NOT selected to 'Dummy'

also,,
    Ensure Avidemux is NOT set to 'mute' [mute button positioned above volume control slider]
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The 64 bit version seems to be frazzled ATM.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I don't want to open new thread just for my question, so I'll just post it here. How can I select clean avi output format in avidemux 2.6.8 /64? I have only avi muxer option but when I choose that I get larger files than original and it's not clean/simple avi, it's avi vop unpack. In older versions there were simple xvid/mp3/avi option, but in this latest version I can't find it. How can I get simple clean avi format?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I don't really know what you're saying but as a guess, have you tried pressing the 'Configure' button under 'Output Format' and changing it from 'AUTO' to 'Avi'???
    Quote Quote  
  6. I just realised that I posted in Audio section instead of video, sorry. Yes I tried it. I wanted to convert mkv to avi, and when I do it in older version of avidemux (2.5...), I get avi file playable on divx player. In that version of avidemux I choose mpeg-4 asp xvid and output avi. But, when I do the same in the latest avidemux version (2.6.8 /64 bits), I get unpack avi vop version, with xvid4 codec chosen, and avi muxer output (same result with AUTO or AVI chosen). What I'm doing wrong, and how to get same result as in 2.5 version?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You could try using the command line. I tried making a xvid/mp3 avi file to see if it would play on my DivX DVD Player but it complained of an unsupported format. I've never done it before, though, so I may have done something wrong.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!