VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. So recently I switched Windows from XP to Win7 ×64 and all of a sudden I can't convert videos to be played on Philips3360 and Sony divx players. When ever I put USB stick in it to play the video I get the message "Video Codec not supported" and I use the same program like before to convert the "Format Factory" and I tried almost every combination. I just don't get what's the sudden difference and what should I do?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Try compare a video that works and one that doesn't using mediainfo. Compare video, audio codec, resolution, etc.

You could also post the result from mediainfo so we can compare. Change to view->text in mediainfo and copy everything.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    My guess is you had a (32bit?) codec installed in XP, but you don't have the equivalent 64bit codec installed in Win7.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  4. I already tried with mediainfo and in videocodec it always sates "MPEG-4 Visual" and when it comes to resolution I know what it plays.

@Cornucopia I downloaded K-lite codec pack, but which one do you recomend?
    Quote Quote  
  5. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    It can't be any 32/64bit problem if you can convert them without problems.

I would try another converter and see if how it works. You can try xmedia recode or winff or xvid4psp 5. Choose a dvd player / xvid / divx preset.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by Lucky Starr View Post
    I already tried with mediainfo and in videocodec it always sates "MPEG-4 Visual" and when it comes to resolution I know what it plays.
    Pity you didn't post the MediaInfo info as requested. It might have saved another round or four of question and answer. Is the fourcc (Codec ID) the same? GMC disabled? Same matrix etc.....
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by hello_hello View Post
    Pity you didn't post the MediaInfo info as requested.
    Yes, many fourcc codes are used to indicate MPEG 4 Part 2, XVID, DIVX, DX50, MP42, etc. Not all players accept all of them. And some players are case sensitive. And the container matters too. See "Codec ID" and "Codec ID Hint" in MediaInfo.
    Quote Quote  
  8. It's alright I made it with xmedia recode. Thanks Baldrick!
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!