VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    I've read many posts about how difficult it is to maximize DVD capacity because of writing close to the edge of the disc. Most of the advice I've read involves burning a a lower speed and using the best available media (I use Verbatim).

If you do both of these things, I'd like to know what you think is the largest number of discrete bytes (not kilobytes / megabytes, or any other increment of 1024) that you might hope to get on a disc with a 95 percent success rate. I'd really like to get the most out of an 8.5gb disc as reasonably possible.

I've seen a number of media conversion applications that default to between 7700mb and 8100mb. If you had really good media and could take your time in burning the file, what do you think would be possible / reasonable?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    open imgburn and insert a disc. the properties including capacity should show up in the right panel
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    It says 8,547,991,552 bytes. Divided by 1048576 = 8152. So now I get where the 8100 comes from. Playing it safe with 52 megabytes.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!