VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I am in the throes of trying to make a DVD from an avi file together with subtitles, something I have done a couple of times before with good results but that was literally years ago and I forget.

I have tried DVD Flick - despite my specifying 4:3 aspect ratio in project settings and adding the subtitle correctly the resulting video files came out 16:9 and without subs (which subs work fine when I watch the avi in the KMPlayer).

Next I tried AVStoDVD, this time the aspect ratio was OK but the subtitles still hadn't made it onto the VOB files despite the fact that AVStoDVD 'found' them and asked if I wanted to add them. Yes, sure.

What am I doing wrong?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Have you tried turned on the subtitles? Use a software dvd player like vlc media player or click on the subtitle button on your remote control.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Yes, I watch the resulting VOB files in KMPlayer and the subtitles are turned on and, as I said in the post, show up fine when I run the avi. The subs are of course in the same folder as the avi and similarly named.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You might have to load the entire dvd. Open the video_ts folder.

But did you manually add the srt file in avs2dvd?
    Quote Quote  
  5. "You might have to load the entire dvd. Open the video_ts folder." OK, that sounds reasonable. I'd try it directly only I deleted the DVD folder yesterday - and emptied the recycle bin to boot. I'll certainly keep this in mind next time though.

"But did you manually add the srt file in avs2dvd?" No, as I said in the OP "...AVStoDVD 'found' them and asked if I wanted to add them."

At the moment I'm trying out the Freemake Video Converter. There is no shortage of software that supposedly does avi to DVD conversion..;)

But, come to think of it, what about AutoGordianKnot? I just now remember using it ages ago and it worked fine. I think I'll give that a whirl if the Freemake thingy doesn't pan out.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!