VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Whenever I try to use TSMuxer 2.6.12, 2.6,11 to mux an MKV file DTS track to a Blu-Ray format the result DTS track has not sound.
    DTS HD or AC3 works fine this did not happen on earlier version of the software, I am wondering if other folks are having the same
    issue. I have searched and I don't see any reference to this issue any where, maybe I am missing something.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Wrong forum. This one is to post user guides. I'll move you to our Blu-ray Authoring forum.

Moderator redwudz
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    What do you test play with?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    VLC or Windows Media Player. I can see the track is there but there is no sound, interestly this does not happen
    on the DTS-HD sound tracks only the DTS tracks. I also took a DTS-HD sound track which had no problem, worked
    fin and down muxed it on TSMuxer using the "Downconvert DTS-HD to DTS" option and the resulting DTS track
    had no sound either.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello, am I the only one using TSMuxer 2.6.12 to convert MKV files to Blu Ray format and having an issue with the DTS
    soundtracks? All other audio tracks are muxed correctly without any issues as far as I can tell, including DTS-HD but
    any time I try to mux a DTS sound track from and MKV container (I don't know about other containers) the resulting
    track does not have any sound on either VLC or Windows media player. I am trying to confirm my finding before going
    to the TSMuxer developer. Thank you.
    Quote Quote  
  6. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    Your actual problem is named WMP and VLC

Seriously, first of all, check if your version of VLC is up-to-date, OR unb0rked. Regarding WMP especifically, well, you would need to find out which filters (splitters and decoders) it is (not) using. I don't use VLC since 2008, so I cannot help you with that.

If I were you, I would switch to MPC-HC or MPC-BE a.s.a.p.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!