VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi,
    I've got an Android tablet with HDMI output. I'd like to share the tablet's screen with a PC (Win8 laptop) which will then share its screen on a GoToMeeting session. Does anyone have any recommendations for hardware that will connect the tablet to the laptop in a way that will work? I've already confirmed that the BlackMagic Intensity won't do the trick, and Intel's WiDi isn't going to run on the tablet, so those aren't options.
    Also: while Android devices can participate in GoToMeeting sessions, they can't share their screens, so connecting the tablet directly to GoTo isn't an option.
    Thanks for your help,
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    What about a hauppauge hdpvr 2? Those have hdmi in.

I have a nexus 7 tablet but I don't have the hdmi adapter. I bought a chromecast for that purpose.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  3. What about a hauppauge hdpvr 2?
    I thought the hdpvr only recorded streams to USB devices or PCs: can a PC also display the feed live?

I bought a chromecast for that purpose.
    I'll have to look into the chromecast.
    Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I'm not sure that the chromecast is exactly what you are looking for. I only mentioned that was what I was using.

And regarding the hdpvr I thought I'd mention it since you were talking about the blackmagic which is a capture card.

And yes the hdpvr2 (the one with hdmi) is a usb device. It has streaming ability. however I don't know how you'd hook it up with gotomeeting though.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  5. And yes the hdpvr2 (the one with hdmi) is a usb device. It has streaming ability. however I don't know how you'd hook it up with gotomeeting though
    Thanks. I'll do some more digging into the PVR - and I won't rule out the chromecast just yet, either.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!