VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have a BDRip, around 20GB in size....perhaps +1h:30m movie. I am trying to encode it but I am not sure about the latest available tools, codecs, and guides. Any suggestions of guides that might help me to get the best possible picture quality?

thnx
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Encode to what, specifically? MKV? Some flavor of AVI? Another BD-R? Depends on where & how you want to view the "encoded" output.
    For the nth time, with the possible exception of certain Intel processors, I don't have/ever owned anything whose name starts with "i".
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    No not MKV, X264
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by mtamimi View Post
    No not MKV, X264
    https://www.videohelp.com/hd#tech
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Use ripbot or mediacoder to make a h264 file in a mp4 or mkv container. Plenty of guides for both.

Convert to ac3 5.1 and use a mp4 container to get the widest support across multiple devices. Mkv and dts audio will restrict you on some devices. Though mkv has much wider support now then even just a few years ago. But it's not universal yet.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Probably obvious you don't have a BD-R writer as you could just burn a copy.
    Early on before I had a Blu-ray writer, I made some BD5/9 copies with BD-Rebuilder. With the highest quality settings, it looks damn fine and will play on most standalone Blu-ray players.
    -The Mang
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!