VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi there!
    I'm trying to get rid of a lot of media I have, and to do that, I thought I could simply get my DVDs ripped to a external HD, and just forget the discs...
    But I'm really having a lot of problem in doing this.
    Until now I've got the files in an external HD, in a SmartTV playable format, but the great problem: I'm not getting the subtitles... that's really weird!
    Well, first I made an enconding of the VOB files (actually of the whole DVD folder) to a desirable MP4, or AVI file.
    I used Nero Recode 2014, but, although I did chose subtitles 'Yes', and chose them specifically, that is 'portuguese', the software didn't make its task: I just watch the movie, without any subtitle... That's so frustrating...
    Does anybody know what should I do, in order to get videos from VOB folders to MP4 (AVI, WMV, etc.), With subtitles?
    Thank you all in advance!
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Decrypt your DVD as Movie Only.....at the same time remove all of the other subtitles except Portuguese. I'd remove all other (audio) languages too.
    Use HandBrake instead of Nero to re-encode to MP4, AVI.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Hi, I'd like to thank you very much.
    I'm still working on it, these videos of mine, but its working very fine now, with your suggested strategy =)
    Thanks a lot!
    Bye!
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!