VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Recently, I have found a solution about how to play blu-ray movies of your pc by your phone/pad. I think it's time for me to contribute to this forum. So i will describe it detailedly to teach you how to realise it.

1. Install VidOn Server to your pc
    Download a software named VidOn Server to your pc and install it.

2. Add the blu-ray movie folder
    Run ’VidOn Server’ -> Click ’Add’ in ‘Media library’-> Choose media type and path of the folder-> Click “OK” to complete the adding.

3. Connect VidOn Player to VidOn Server
    Download VidOn Player to your mobile device

Make sure your pc and mobile device in the same LAN
    Run VidOn Player-> Click to open ‘VidOn Server’-> Click the icon on the top right corner ->
    Choose the the right server-> Return.
    Then you will find the blu-ray movies of your pc are now on the phone/pad

4. Enjoy Blu-ray movies

Click the poster, you can see the detailed info of the blu-ray movie. Click ’Titles’, you will see the easy blu-ray menu navigation. Click the play icon, the movie begin to play.

While watching, you can choose the subtitles and audio tracks which you like. Then you can enjoy blu-ray movies on anywhere of your house by your phone/pad. It’s amazing, right?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Nice. But I still want to watch my blu-rays on my 65" 4K monitor. You are in the house. Why crane the neck and narrow the eyes into mere slits just to watch something on aycrap
    For the nth time, with the possible exception of certain Intel processors, I don't have/ever owned anything whose name starts with "i".
    Quote Quote  
  3. I guess lots of people will find that useful, and bravo to the OP for that.

Personally, I'm with turk690. Watch a Blu-Ray on a tiny screen when I can start Plex on one of my Rokus and watch a 1080p MKV just about anywhere in the house on a *BIG* TV? Nah.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Well, I guess it could come in useful for some people.
    I always make fun of a friend of mine because she uses her phone to watch movies when she is in bed going to sleep, she converts them on her PC and transfers them to her phone, why she does not use her laptop or put a TV in her bedroom I will never get but.....
    LOL!!

To me, it's kind of like the guy who was bragging to me about how he could play COD BO on his cell phone when he saw my modded 500gb original Xbox and all the emulators and games I can play on it......

Yeah, because it is so much cooler trying to play COD BO on a 4" screen as opposed to playing on my 46" LED 1080p HDTV
    LMAO!!!

If I had a good spot to hang one on the wall that I could watch from my bed I would be getting rid of my 27" LED 1080p HDTV and getting a larger one for my bedroom!!!
    Screw the little 4 or 6 inch phone screens!!!
    LOL!!
    Quote Quote  
  5. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Much easier to install mx player and use airdroid on your android.The only reason to watch a video on our phone/tablet is if your camping and your mate has your laptop.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by turk690 View Post
    Nice. But I still want to watch my blu-rays on my 65" 4K monitor. You are in the house. Why crane the neck and narrow the eyes into mere slits just to watch something on aycrap
    On my pc there are a lot of blu-ray movies. But sometimes i am very tired and just want to lie on my bed. At this time i will use this method to play by my phone or pad.
    Sometimes our tv and computer are used by my wife and children, and i had to use thid way to enjoy movies
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by johns0 View Post
    Much easier to install mx player and use airdroid on your android.The only reason to watch a video on our phone/tablet is if your camping and your mate has your laptop.
    Yes, my wife and children are often occupying our computer and tv.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by Noahtuck View Post
    Well, I guess it could come in useful for some people.
    I always make fun of a friend of mine because she uses her phone to watch movies when she is in bed going to sleep, she converts them on her PC and transfers them to her phone, why she does not use her laptop or put a TV in her bedroom I will never get but.....
    LOL!!

To me, it's kind of like the guy who was bragging to me about how he could play COD BO on his cell phone when he saw my modded 500gb original Xbox and all the emulators and games I can play on it......

Yeah, because it is so much cooler trying to play COD BO on a 4" screen as opposed to playing on my 46" LED 1080p HDTV
    LMAO!!!

If I had a good spot to hang one on the wall that I could watch from my bed I would be getting rid of my 27" LED 1080p HDTV and getting a larger one for my bedroom!!!
    Screw the little 4 or 6 inch phone screens!!!
    LOL!!
    Yeah, i think the mobile's play is one of important parts of home theater system.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by fritzi93 View Post
    I guess lots of people will find that useful, and bravo to the OP for that.

Personally, I'm with turk690. Watch a Blu-Ray on a tiny screen when I can start Plex on one of my Rokus and watch a 1080p MKV just about anywhere in the house on a *BIG* TV? Nah.
    I like watch movies anywhere and anytime in my house. So when i in the toilet or eating in the kitchen, i will always use this method. While i leave the toilet, the bed and after eating, i will continue the watch movies by my tv or pc
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Vilime View Post
    I like watch movies anywhere and anytime in my house...
    Oh. But don't you have anything else to do?
    For the nth time, with the possible exception of certain Intel processors, I don't have/ever owned anything whose name starts with "i".
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by turk690 View Post
    Originally Posted by Vilime View Post
    I like watch movies anywhere and anytime in my house...
    Oh. But don't you have anything else to do?
    I mean when I'm at home after work . My hobbies are watching movies and studying technology.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!