ID                                       : 1
    Format                                   : DTS
    Format/Info                              : Digital Theater Systems
    Format profile                           : MA / Core
    Codec ID                                 : A_DTS
    Bit rate mode                            : Variable
    Bit rate                                 : 3 010 Kbps / 1 510 Kbps
    Channel(s)                               : 8 channels / 6 channels
    Channel positions                        : Front: L C R, Side: L R, Back: L R, LFE / Front: L C R, Side: L R, LFE
    Sampling rate                            : 48.0 KHz
    Bit depth                                : 24 bits
    Compression mode                         : Lossless / Lossy
    Language                                 : English
    Default                                  : Yes
    Forced                                   : No
    Name (left channel, right, center, etc.), so I will easily know which is what.
    Any easy way to do that?
    Tried Audacity, but only opens 5.1 ch.
    Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. There is no free way to do it. All open source/free decoders will only output 6ch from 8ch DTS-MA

You need the arcsoft decoder installed, and eac3to, then it's simple commandline (notice the extention is wavs, with an "s") . This will output 8 mono wavs, each will be labelled with their channel configuration in the filename

Code:
    eac3to input.dts output.wavs
    Quote Quote  
  3. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    And FWIW, www.makemkv.com says this:

Originally Posted by mike admin
    Mango wrote:
    All versions of dtsdecoder.dll have some issues with some DTS-HDMA tracks (resulting in non-lossless output, sound corruption, etc...) .
    dtsdecoder.dll 1.1.0.0 works fine for all tracks (including 6.0/6.1/7.1), but not 7.1 "strange setup" tracks.
    dtsdecoder.dll 1.1.0.8 decodes 7.1 "strange setup" correctly, but doesn't decode 6.0/6.1 correctly.
    This statement is not correct for MakeMKV. I have to dig into details what dtsdecoderdll.dll really is. It is a reference DTS decoder library (written by DTS) with an API layer on top of it (written by Chinese developers). So, all versions of dtsdecoderdll, from 1.0.0.0 to 1.0.0.8 have exactly the same reference decoder library linked in - "VERSION=325,REVISION=27" . The only difference is a Chinese crap on top. Unlike eac3to and others, MakeMKV uses the reference decoder directly as stated on /dtshd/ . All other software, including eac3to, use the Chinese API. Any version of dtsdecoderdll.dll will work equally fine with MakeMKV, even early 1.0.0.0 variant. MakeMKV decodes proper channel layouts for all possible configurations (that one can create with DTS HD master audio suite). I encourage you to check MakeMKV log file - it lists the DTS decoder version, DTS channel layout and output channel mask.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    This will output 8 mono wavs, each will be labelled with their channel configuration in the filename
    Yess.. easy namings. .. I will try this. I hope this will work... successfully.

arcsoft decoder
    Where to get? Do I must install the ArcSoft TotalMedia Theatre or the big ArcSoft TotalMedia Extreme, Size:303MB? Is there a small decoder to install?

Thanks, all of you, for your help.
    Last edited by Fractals; 18th Apr 2014 at 21:38.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The arcsoft dll's and a short how to here.

https://www.mediafire.com/?56v71scpb0bpr6x
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Nice, thanks sambat. Trying now.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Anonymous344
    Originally Posted by El Heggunte View Post
    And FWIW, www.makemkv.com says this:

Originally Posted by mike admin
    Mango wrote:
    All versions of dtsdecoder.dll have some issues with some DTS-HDMA tracks (resulting in non-lossless output, sound corruption, etc...) .
    dtsdecoder.dll 1.1.0.0 works fine for all tracks (including 6.0/6.1/7.1), but not 7.1 "strange setup" tracks.
    dtsdecoder.dll 1.1.0.8 decodes 7.1 "strange setup" correctly, but doesn't decode 6.0/6.1 correctly.
    This statement is not correct for MakeMKV. I have to dig into details what dtsdecoderdll.dll really is. It is a reference DTS decoder library (written by DTS) with an API layer on top of it (written by Chinese developers). So, all versions of dtsdecoderdll, from 1.0.0.0 to 1.0.0.8 have exactly the same reference decoder library linked in - "VERSION=325,REVISION=27" . The only difference is a Chinese crap on top. Unlike eac3to and others, MakeMKV uses the reference decoder directly as stated on /dtshd/ . All other software, including eac3to, use the Chinese API. Any version of dtsdecoderdll.dll will work equally fine with MakeMKV, even early 1.0.0.0 variant. MakeMKV decodes proper channel layouts for all possible configurations (that one can create with DTS HD master audio suite). I encourage you to check MakeMKV log file - it lists the DTS decoder version, DTS channel layout and output channel mask.
    I would really like to know if the above is true because I use eac3to and always have done.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Hi, can anyone give me a link or direct me to arcsoft dts decoder 1.1.0.0. I have 1.1.0.9 and it is not working properly with DTS-EX 6.1 channels. I'm getting that tinny noise.

Or can someone just email it to me?

Thanks

Ben
    Quote Quote  
  9. Wow, finally found it:

https://www.sendspace.com/file/ief0t0

So...I'll use the latest 1.1.0.9 for everything except 6.1 channel DTS. Is that the consensus??

Thx
    Quote Quote  
  10. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    1.1.0.9 has a bug regarding mono DTS Express, so I recommend 1.1.0.8 instead.

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1703679#post1703679
    Quote Quote  
  11. Thanks...1.1.0.0 is working well for the 6.1 stuff. I tried 1.1.0.7 and that didn't work...I haven't tried 1.1.0.8. That one should work for everything?

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  12. NEVERMIND THIS POST...I finally did find signal in the LFE channel...it's only about 30 seconds out of 2+ hours!! but it is there.

ALSO, HOW DO YOU DELETE A POST OR THREAD, I CAN'T FIGURE IT OUT!

I've extratced all the files from a dtshdma 6.1 source and played them in foorbar and noticed using the visualization programs there doesn't appear to be signal in the lfe channel...is that normal?
    Last edited by bmcelvan; 18th Feb 2015 at 11:44.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!