VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i'm trying to save some 1920x800 resolution high def videos on bd-rs

so i've pretty much figured out i can do avchds, but the resolution gets resized up to 1920x1080 resolution with black bars

i can stream the video to my tv from my pc as 1920x800 just fine, but this is not a desirable solution

i can also save the videos as data on bd-r 25s, this is probably what i'm going to have to do unless...

is there any way to save these videos on a bd-r 25, keeping the resolution (don't care if bitrate has to be downgraded)
    Quote Quote  
  2. Only as a data disc, not an authored BD

Note the resolution isn't really "changed" - not of the active image area - you're just adding letterbox bars.

If this is a BD source, in fact the original video was 1920x1080. Your 1920x800 video is actually cropped. You're just putting the letter box bars back on

And If you watch the 1920x800 video on a 16:9 display, you will still see black bars (because your display will put the bars back on)
    Last edited by poisondeathray; 17th Apr 2014 at 15:53.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by rotatorkuf View Post
    i'm trying to save some 1920x800 resolution high def videos on bd-rs

so i've pretty much figured out i can do avchds, but the resolution gets resized up to 1920x1080 resolution with black bars
    And this is bad because?
    i can stream the video to my tv from my pc as 1920x800 just fine, but this is not a desirable solution
    Why isn't this undesireable?
    i can also save the videos as data on bd-r 25s, this is probably what i'm going to have to do unless...
    Unless what? Why would this not be a fine option?
    is there any way to save these videos on a bd-r 25, keeping the resolution (don't care if bitrate has to be downgraded)
    Yes, your last option COULD do that.

But there is a lot of judgements and priorities going on here that we aren't privy to, can't understand, or maybe just do not agree with. Without more info...

Scott
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!