VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    1. with avchdcoder, there is an option under resolution for "advanced", i can't for the life of me figure out how to actually configre this "advanced", the advanced tab at the bottom doesn't appear to be it, if it is, then it's pretty useless

the reason i ask this is because i have a source file that is 1920x800 resolution, but whenever the video is converted with avchdcoder, the resolution ends up at 1920x1080 (and thus adds black bars)

is there any way to maintain the resolution, or at least specify it?

2. with multiavchd, is it even possible to convert dts audio? why does multiavchd give me a much smaller bitrate conversion than avchdcoder?

example : original file has 14000 bitrate, avchdcoder offers to convert this at 9100 (with ac3 448)....while multiavchd offers 7400 for the same file (same output size, and what i thought was same audio conversion)

can someone provide some insight into this?

i'm trying to keep the files as close to the original as possible

does avchd video HAVE to be 1920x1080 (or 1280x720)?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by rotatorkuf View Post
    does avchd video HAVE to be 1920x1080 (or 1280x720)?
    Yes
    Originally Posted by sony website
    AVCHD supports three HD video resolutions:

1920 x 1080: This format is sometimes called Full HD because it contains the full 1920 horizontal pixels of the 1080-line HD format.
    1440 x 1080: This is a horizontally subsampled image with 1080 lines.
    1280 x 720: This is a full-resolution 720p format.

SD NTSC- and PAL-compatible formats are also defined in the AVCHD specification:

720 x 480 at 60i

720 x 576 at 50i
    I love it when a plan comes together!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    why are you reconverting and therefore loosing quality? hardware media players have a simple menu to select your media files.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by ricardouk View Post
    why are you reconverting and therefore loosing quality? hardware media players have a simple menu to select your media files.
    i have mkvs that i'm saving on bd-rs
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    just save them as "data" and play them on your blu ray player.

no need to create a menu to acess your mkv's, you're reconverting, loosing quality, burn your mkvs as data on a bd-r, no need for menus and reconvertions.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by ricardouk View Post
    just save them as "data" and play them on your blu ray player.

no need to create a menu to acess your mkv's, you're reconverting, loosing quality, burn your mkvs as data on a bd-r, no need for menus and reconvertions.
    yes i've considered this

but, basically i'm trying to save 2 movies in one bd-r

also, why is it i can stream the 1920x800 mkv to my tv just fine, but it needs to add bars when i make avchd? because of the stupid resolution rules on avchd?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    also, why is it i can stream the 1920x800 mkv to my tv just fine, but it needs to add bars when i make avchd? because of the stupid resolution rules on avchd?
    It's not stupid resolution rules, it's called a standard. Without rules or standards, there would be no order. People would drive on any side of the street they wanted. Just because you think its right, doesn't mean everyone else agrees........

When you want to comply with a standard like dvd or Blu-Ray, then you have to follow the rules. Ignorance will get you nowhere.
    Got my retirement plans all set. Looks like I only have to work another 5 years after I die........
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by racer-x View Post
    also, why is it i can stream the 1920x800 mkv to my tv just fine, but it needs to add bars when i make avchd? Because of the stupid resolution rules on avchd?
    it's not stupid resolution rules, it's called a standard. Without rules or standards, there would be no order. People would drive on any side of the street they wanted. Just because you think its right, doesn't mean everyone else agrees........

When you want to comply with a standard like dvd or blu-ray, then you have to follow the rules. Ignorance will get you nowhere.
    lol....just....lol
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!