VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I would like to record 20 analog cable tv channel.I looked in multiple forum i found quad tv tuner thats give 4 channel record.Is there any alternative way to record 20 channel in one pc or in multiple pc .Or is there any way to plug 20 internal tv tuner in one computer and record all of the channel.Any suggestion to record more then 8 analog tv channel will be appreciated.Please guys i need your suggestion.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by st0rm911 View Post
    I would like to record 20 analog cable tv channel.I looked in multiple forum i found quad tv tuner thats give 4 channel record.Is there any alternative way to record 20 channel in one pc or in multiple pc .Or is there any way to plug 20 internal tv tuner in one computer and record all of the channel.Any suggestion to record more then 8 analog tv channel will be appreciated.Please guys i need your suggestion.
    CCTV area - search for something like this http://www.ebay.com/itm/16Channel-CCTV-Full-D1-Record-PCI-Express-Card-16CH-Video-Capt...-/321374737586 - check real fps during recording (some of cards offer multiple inputs but with limited fps - card from link probably support all inputs with full fps - ask seller)
    Quote Quote  
  3. That 16x CCTV device doesn't appear to have any analog cable tuners.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by pandy View Post
    Originally Posted by st0rm911 View Post
    I would like to record 20 analog cable tv channel.I looked in multiple forum i found quad tv tuner thats give 4 channel record.Is there any alternative way to record 20 channel in one pc or in multiple pc .Or is there any way to plug 20 internal tv tuner in one computer and record all of the channel.Any suggestion to record more then 8 analog tv channel will be appreciated.Please guys i need your suggestion.
    CCTV area - search for something like this http://www.ebay.com/itm/16Channel-CCTV-Full-D1-Record-PCI-Express-Card-16CH-Video-Capt...-/321374737586 - check real fps during recording (some of cards offer multiple inputs but with limited fps - card from link probably support all inputs with full fps - ask seller)
    Maybe that dvr was not record audio.
    Another thing i am confused about how to i convert "cable tv channel source" to "dvr iput"?
    dvr maybe allowed only the source like old dvd/vcd output cable,am i right?

Thanks for your suggestion.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    That 16x CCTV device doesn't appear to have any analog cable tuners.
    Yes but it provide 16 channels to record analog video (most complex task) - it is way easier to find 16 tuners (sold as separate units for example to watch TV on composite monitors) than capture device - 16 channels with analog RF frontend is unrealistic. Way simpler is even to buy tuner module (ALPS, NXP etc), split RF and control this by Arduino or similar module (modern TV tuners use I2C bus) - i.e. make customs multichannel frontend...
    Perhaps on ebay some demodulators used in cable TV headends can be found ( http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cadco-Model-375-CATV-Broadcast-TV-Demodulator-NTSC-Analog-Vide...item4ac55d095d ) - they can provide analog video and multiple (single - depends from model) channels - but i doubt that any reasonable priced solution will offer 8 - 16 analog RF tuners and DVR. Of course there are solutions to record RF signal (ridiculously expensive NI devices) but this is not case for this problems.
    Tuner can be even partially working old VCR etc - flexibility is way higher on this than on capture solution.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    6 hvr 2250 , they are dual channel, [6 pci e ports on board ] but you only get 12.[and need adapt extra panels for them too]
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by pandy View Post
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    That 16x CCTV device doesn't appear to have any analog cable tuners.
    Yes but it provide 16 channels to record analog video (most complex task) - it is way easier to find 16 tuners (sold as separate units for example to watch TV on composite monitors) than capture device - 16 channels with analog RF frontend is unrealistic. Way simpler is even to buy tuner module (ALPS, NXP etc), split RF and control this by Arduino or similar module (modern TV tuners use I2C bus) - i.e. make customs multichannel frontend...
    Perhaps on ebay some demodulators used in cable TV headends can be found ( http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cadco-Model-375-CATV-Broadcast-TV-Demodulator-NTSC-Analog-Vide...item4ac55d095d ) - they can provide analog video and multiple (single - depends from model) channels - but i doubt that any reasonable priced solution will offer 8 - 16 analog RF tuners and DVR. Of course there are solutions to record RF signal (ridiculously expensive NI devices) but this is not case for this problems.
    Tuner can be even partially working old VCR etc - flexibility is way higher on this than on capture solution.
    Basically i am looking for as cheap as possible.After discuss in this thread i planned to established my setup like this..

buy 16 external tv card + 16 vga to video/tv cable(which is used for connecting dvd to tv) + 16 audio male output cable

then looking for pci/usb/standalone dvr with audio record(i found some dvdr with audio but only 4 or 2 channel audio).then attach external tv cards output source in to the dvr input source with audio.

what about my thinking,is it ok?

I am little bit confused about your thinking.can you please able to tell me details more.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    That card is too cheap and simplistic to truly handle 16 separate Full D1, full framerate signals. I mean, LOOK at the circuit board on that thing! There is little there. No, most likely this can do D1 when there is less overhead and CIF (aka 1/4D1) when there is more. And the card probably expects the channels to be multiplexed into either a large array super-picture or time multiplexed into an interleaved stream.

The OP's request is unrealist on regular consumer terms: one box/card that captures 20 different full quality signals on a reasonable consumer's budget.
    The people who actually do this kind of thing are TV & Cable operators and re-broadcasters (often in corporate, educational or religious campus cctv settings). And they all know it cost $$$$.

Gosh, I swear I am repeating myself from an old thread...

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  9. For me it looks realistic but good to ask seller before buy. RF part is less complicated (IMHO) but it need to be made as custom (then it will be small) or use second hand CATV equipment (nowadays as analog TV is switched off - ASO).

btw on which country we talking?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NTSC-Coax-A-V-To-RCA-Video-Audio-Demodulator-For-CATV-Satellit...item48424cd283
    Last edited by pandy; 17th Apr 2014 at 14:49.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Multimedia storyteller bigass's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I've had good results with the Hauppauge 2250 mentioned earlier in the thread. Two tuners on one card with mpeg2 encoding. You just have to have software to make them go. I use BeyondTV.
    Quote Quote  
  11. I know of people who could record 6 to 8 analog sources at the same time 10 years ago with 3 or 4 Hauppauge PVR-500 cards (dual cable tuner, hardware MPEG 2 encoders).
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thirty-Two-nerSalad allows more than four analog tuners with hardware MPEG-2 encoding to be used with Windows Media Center, but someone would need at least two PCs to physically connect and record from 20 tuners at the same time.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!