VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. found this new site with some multimedia tools, haven't tried them yet

AX Multimedia Components

H264/AAC encoders, MP4 and Smooth Streaming muxers and more. Available as DirectShow filters or plain DLLs

AVC and AAC encoders

H264 (AVC) and AAC encoder components with top encoding quality and wide range of options to customize the output

MP4 Multiplexer MP4

Muxer component fully compliant with MP4 format specification (ISO/IEC 14496-12:2004)

Smooth Streaming Multiplexer

Smooth Streaming Muxer component allows you to author Microsoft® Smooth Streaming files (no Expression Encoder required)

Seamless Switching File Writer

Switching File Writer allows you to produce a series of multimedia files without interrupting the recording

the site

http://www.ax-comp.com/
    Quote Quote  
  2. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    r u a zpammer
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search PM
    What's the name of the site? I didn't quite get it.
    Quote Quote  
  4. guys

just try them and post the results

don't have time to test them now
    Quote Quote  
  5. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    Step#2 is not OK

1) those filters are proprietary kräpp, not compatible with the default File Writer, or with the AVI Muxer

2) H264 compressor: overall quality is terrible, ratecontrol seems broken

3) half-ässed filters have been successfully un-registered
    Last edited by El Heggunte; 14th Apr 2014 at 23:53. Reason: unlink
    Quote Quote  
  6. El Heggunte (aka guinea pig) . Spidey sense go tingly when a solo post counter wants you to download software for testing hmmmmm
    Quote Quote  
  7. Yes, El has more nerve than I have.
    Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence -Carl Sagan
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search PM
    Hi guys,

I'm one of the developers of AX Multimedia Components. I appreciate Compuitguy posting the information about our software here.

El Heggunte, thanks for testing the components.

>1) those filters are proprietary kräpp, not compatible with the default File Writer, or with the AVI Muxer

There's a reason behind it, and that's the inability of default File Writer to produce a series of recorded files without stopping the recording. That's one of the "killer" features of our components. Thus we have our own muxer and file writer that provide clean "cutting" of files. It's really needed for those who are recording for long periods of time or 24/7

> 2) H264 compressor: overall quality is terrible, ratecontrol seems broken

I'm surprised to hear this, may I ask what resolution and bitrate did you use? The encoder is using x264 library, which has the best quality among the competition. Please check the filter settings screenshot:

http://ax-comp.com/img/scrn/avc_encoder.png

There are a number of settings to tweak, so maybe something was wrong with them in your setup.

>3) half-ässed filters have been successfully un-registered

Thank you for your feedback

PS: the components are free for personal use
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!