VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I need a software (free or premiun) to add subtitles in a movie (mp4 or avi) and burn It to a dvd.

What software do you recommend?
    Quote Quote  
  2. If you're making a DVD to be played in any DVD player, you have to do more than add in the subs. You also have to convert the video and probably the audio too. In addition to the program videobruger suggested, I'd recommend the freeware AVSToDVD.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'll give a shoot to AVStoDVD

How much times It takes to convert a 900mb movie to DVD-format with subs?
    Last edited by RDalmagro; 15th Apr 2014 at 19:56.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by RDalmagro View Post

How much times It takes to convert a 900mb movie?
    Completely depends on the power of your system and the duration of the movie.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by manono View Post
    If you're making a DVD to be played in any DVD player, you have to do more than add in the subs. You also have to convert the video and probably the audio too. In addition to the program videobruger suggested, I'd recommend the freeware AVSToDVD.
    Do I REALLY need to convert to DVD format first? Nowdays the most DVD reproductors support divx. If I understand correct they can play avi and MP4.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by RDalmagro View Post
    Do I REALLY need to convert to DVD format first? Nowdays the most DVD reproductors support divx. If I understand correct they can play avi and MP4.
    The word "reproductors" does not exist in English. Maybe you are trying to say "players".

Some DVD players play AVI files, but there are always limits to what they will play. We have a post here
    https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/290800-My-DivX-DVD-Player-can-t-play-my-avi-DivX-xvid-video
    that lists some of the options that aren't supported very well on DVD players that play AVI files.

Few DVD players support MP4 and MKV files.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by RDalmagro View Post
    If your player can play avi and MP4, it will probably automatically play SRT subtitles if you put them in the same folder with the same filename:

Code:
    Apocalypse Now.avi
    Apocalypse Now.srt
    Check its manual.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!