Is it possible to do that? I recently got DVDs from a person but i didn't got VIDEO_TS.IFO and VIDEO_TS.BUP files so i want to do it myself.I have VIDEO_TS which contain menus and VTS_0x files witch contain episodes.Here's the menu if it's of any help:
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 24 of 24
It seems this program just works if I have .IFO files.But as I mentioned earlier I don't have .IFO files.I only have 4 VOB files with the episodes and the VIDEO_TS.VOB with the pictures where the menu should be.
Last edited by Tri P; 14th Apr 2014 at 04:20.
Most likely, this will only give you DVD structure without menus and after that you'll need further editing in DVDRemake, like importing your menus as VOB files via 'replace block' command etc. Or maybe you'll need to separately generate ifo's for each menu file (or even remux each one) to import them properly with button commands and subpicture layer; then edit CLUT (color table for highlights) in DVDRemake. This needs some experience with the program.
The ifo edit worked but i cannot seem to import the VIDEO_TS.IFO or VTS_01_0 file.It shows me the error.Here's the log:
Read DVD from: D:\VIDEO_TS
vtsi_last_sector*2 <= vts_last_sector (786:VTS.cpp)
can't load VTS 1
Attempt import from VIDEO_TS subdirectory...
Read DVD from: D:\VIDEO_TS\VIDEO_TS
Path to DVD does not exist. (133VD.cpp)
I made it with importing it.Now what block should I replace with VIDEO_TS.VOB where the menu pictures are? Here's the screenshot:
As expected, this structure doesn't include menu's so far. Next step is to create empty menu in DVD tree (left pane), then replace it with the one from menu VOB file and edit navigation. Let's try to import menu of episodes first.
1. Right-click on Video Title Set 1 and select 'Add Language unit'. This will add 'Menus' to the tree.
2. Right-click on 'Menus' and select 'Add PGC'. An empty PGC will appear under Menus. Right-click on that PGC and select 'Set menu category', for which select 'Root menu' (this category will be further used for addressing the menu).
3. Select that new menu PGC and look into 'Programs' tab on the right (empty so far). Right-click on it and use 'Add Program'. This will create program #1 with an empty block (visually black).
4. That's where you are ready to 'replace block' as mentioned earlier. Select that command from right-click menu and you'll see replacement tab. Use button 'Load...' and lead to the menu VOB file on disk. Usually VTS_01_0.VOB for menu of episodes, sometimes it's in VIDEO_TS.VOB. The program will show menu pages with buttons - select the page you need.
5.Select menu PGC and activate subpictire track (most important) and audio track (if there is any). Find them in Subpicture and Audio Tracks tabs, double-click, then check 'enabled'.
6.Editing CLUT table. This defines highlight colors and is stored in ifo's (which were missing), so you'll need to create it from scratch. Easier to first copy it from any other opened DVD project's menu PGC, then edit colors. Use 'export' CLUT (to file) in source project, then 'import' from that file into your main project.
Next will be other pages, main menu; navigation commands between pages, from buttons, first play etc. Look into Programs in main film PGC, do you see division into programs (for chapters)?
I did all until step 5.I didn't find any subpicture menus or audio tracks to enable(or I don't know how to find them).I added another PGC and I have set menu category to sub picture menu.Is this the correct way? Here's the screenshot:
If there are buttons on a menu page, there must be a subpicture layer - to make the highlights work. With PGC highlighted (like on your screenshot) you can see a tab in the upper right corner - 'Audio Tracks' is currently selected. It's OK to have no audio in menu, but when you select 'Subpicture Tracks' in that tab, there must be something in the first line (it worked in my tests), then double-click on it and check 'enabled' in the context menu.
It is basically OK to put all the menus in a VTS, but it's better to put the main menu (the one in your picture) to 'Video Manager' (the same way - create a PGC in it and apply the 'replace block' procedure). Assign 'Title menu' category to it. This way when you push Title button on your remote, you'll get there and 'root' will bring you to the episode selection menu which you'd put in VTS 1.
I have putted the menu in video manager but I still don't have anything in subpicture tracks tab.
Wouldn't it be a whole lot easier, and probably quicker, just to use VOB2MPG and then use the MPG as source file in a standard authoring package? Then you could quickly create any kind of menu/chapter/streams structure in a pleasant GUI, plus you know the resulting structure will be correct (assuming the authoring package is decent).
Scott"When will the rhetorical questions end?!" - George Carlin
Will that method leave the videos untouched?
The warning in red is about button commands (no chapters in my dummy title).
I didn't quite understand I'm dummy for this program.Could you do step by step on how to do that what you just did in screenshot,please?
OK, I'll try to explain in more detail from the beginning. To create PAL empty menu cells for replacement, you'll need to open a copy of any PAL DVD (with a menu) on your HDD. The program will open it as 'project 2' and you will be able to quickly switch between the two projects.
1. Go to project 2, select any menu PGC (red symbol marks PGCs with buttons), apply 'Copy PGC' and return to your main project 1.
2. In Video Manager (select that line) apply 'Add Language unit', select 'Menus' and use 'Add Copied PGC'. Use 'Hide All blocks' on that PGC, delete all its Pre- and Post- commands while that PGC is highlighted. Select 'Menus' and open 'Audio tracks' tab. If it is empty, apply 'Add track' and select AC3 2-channel (as in your future menu), if another audio type is present, 'Edit' it to AC3. Select that PGC and open Audio tracks, activate the track (double-click on AC 2-ch and check the box 'enabled'). Go to 'Programs' of the PGC (only one program must be here, otherwise delete the rest) and replace it with your main menu page ('Replace Block', 'Load' VOB, select that page). Set menu category to 'Title menu'. Add a cell command to the menu (to cycle audio) by selecting it in programs -> Cell Commands -> Add Command -> Link Instructions -> Link Top Cell -> double-click on Program -> select Command #1 (assigning it to cell).
3. In 'Video Title Set 1' also create 'Menus' ('Add language unit') and do everything as in step 2, except for menu category (set "root menu") and another page. If more pages (you mentioned subpicture menu), create a copy of the root menu PGC (copy -> add copied), then simply replace its block with the wanted page.
4. Navigation editing (for those 2 pages so far).
a) go to First Play Pre Commands in Video Manager, delete any existing commands and use Add Command -> Jump/Call Instructions -> 'Jump VMG Title menu';
b) go to "Title menu" and edit button commands: from right-click menu on a button (video playback tab) select 'Edit button command'. Use 'Jump VMG Title 1' for "play all" button and 'Jump VTS 1 root menu' for "Episode selection" button (from 'Jump/Call Instructions').
c) for main movie PGC (Program Chains\PGC1) you need a post-command like 'Call VTS "root" menu'.
d) in root menu edit command for button "menu" to 'Jump VMG Title menu'. Other buttons already lead to some chapters
Then you can test-export the project, check button commands and see whether or not you want to edit button highlight colors in CLUT. Please tell me which picture you'd like to see for better explanation.
- VTS # (you need #1)
- menu type (3 for going to root menu)
- Title # (you need #1)
If you leave default 'Title #0', the command doesn't work at least in MPC.
As for button highlights, check if you have:
- subpicture present and enabled in each menu PGC
- CLUT in each PGC (those come with the PAL cell from external DVD in the beginning)
After you get highlights to work, find out, which color is used for selection and which one for activation, this will help you to find them in CLUTs and edit (double-click on that color line in CLUT and select the desired color).
That worked great.Just one more thing,I converted the DVD to ISO and when I tried to autoplay it,it said it cannot play the disc because it prohibits the playback in my region of the world.Any tip how to fix this?
Last edited by Tri P; 20th Apr 2014 at 09:52.
Sry for late reply had a PC crash so I couldn't reply.It works nice but can I set DVD to go back to menu when the episodes are finished watching?
As I mentioned in step 4c, you can add a post-command to movie PGC of VTS1 'Call VTS "root" menu' (or 'Call VMG "Title" menu' for going to main menu). I've forgotten about one detail. While editing that command, it is important to set the field 'Resume cell #' to "1" (default is "0", and MPC will not go to menu at that).
Thanks for all your patience in helping me to make menus!